Search for a Job
Subscribe to receive eNewsletter
|Our weekly e-mail newsletter is distributed at no charge and includes current healthcare news plus the latest Job Postings.|
|Subscribe • View current eNewsletter|
Upload Your Resume
|Upload your resume and we will forward it to employers whose search criteria best matches your qualifications.|
Job Search Tips & Resources
With administrative guidance from the Director of Nursing, the Nursing Instructor is responsible and accountable for ensuring the fulfillment of educational goals and objectives of the nursing program, and ensuring program compliance with applicable nursing education regulatory agencies. Requires leadership in academic and clinical settings; participating in educational planning; evaluating student performance; motivating and advising students; and generating program reports as needed.
· Possess exceptional organizational skills.
· Maintain strict confidentiality.
· Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a wide range of individuals and constituencies.
· Analyze and solve basic and routine problems.
· Interpret college policies and procedures.
· Work as a team member and foster a cooperative work environment.
· All nursing faculty will work a combination of class, lab, and clinical as needed by the department.
· Master’s degree in nursing or nursing education is preferred for full-time appointment. Faculty members may be hired without a master’s degree in nursing but must earn a master’s degree in nursing or nursing education in accordance with on-hire education plan within five years from date of hire. (complies with Wyoming State Board of Nursing, governing organization, and governing organization’s accrediting agency requirements.)
· Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
· Current licensure to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Wyoming.
· Minimum two years’ full-time experience in clinical nursing.
· Clinical skills to supervise students in three of six areas (med-surg.; OB; psych.; OR, ER, ICU; long term; community, other).
· Current BLS for Healthcare Providers or obtains prior to start of employment.
· Must successfully pass a background check, drug screen and complete clinical site requirements as applicable.
· Employer paid retirement plan (16.37% employer paid; .25% employee paid)
· Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
· Four days per year paid personal leave
· Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
· Employee and family tuition waivers
· Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
· Free easy-access parking
· Collaborative work environment
· Onsite fitness center and walking track
· Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
· Professional development
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked "America's Top Western Town" by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
NWCCD also includes a small campus site in Buffalo, WY.
Apply online at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu