Respiratory Care Practitioner II-RCP, Hiring Bonus: $5,000
Location: Oak Lawn,
ADVOCATE CHRIST MEDICAL CENTER
Job Description: Advocate Christ Medical Center
Job Title: Respiratory Care Practitioner II-RCP
Hiring Bonus: $5,000
The RCP II is responsible for administering cardiopulmonary treatment to patients in all areas of the hospital by evaluating, providing and monitoring routine and invasive respiratory care procedures to ensure appropriate and effective practices. The RCP II must be able to adapt to the rules and regulations of different service areas, perform special duties as required by assignment and maintain standards of performance for each area assigned.
· Employee-Centric: Advocate voted Top 15 Places to Work in Illinois-2016! Voted Top 10 Places for Diversity in 2016!
· Career Growth: Market Leadership: Advocate is the largest healthcare system in the state of Illinois, with 13 hospitals and 250 sites of care.
SCHEDULE: Option One 36 hours per week 7p-7a or Option Two 5 eight shifts per week
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
· Demonstrates the use of standard Respiratory practices as a model of care.
· RCP II/Patient Relationship: Performs patient assessment to ensure appropriate and effective procedures are performed.
· Patient/Staff Education/Orientation: Demonstrates a commitment to learning needs of patients and staff
· Leadership/Professional Development: Demonstrates respect and understanding for peers and other clinical disciplines. Acts as a member of the patient care team. Demonstrates professional behaviors and is committed to self-development.
· Assuring/Improving Quality: Maintain quality, effectiveness of care.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
· Associates in Applied Science and/or Associates Degree-Respiratory Program
· Licensed Registered Respiratory Therapist, Registered within the State of Illinois
· 1-2 years’ experience in acute care facility
· Strong interpersonal, clinical, problem solving, team building and communication skills.
· Must work well under stressful situations
· Current Healthcare provider CPR
· If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Contact: Shawna Anderson