Northern Wyoming Community College District (NWCCD) Gillette College
Job Description: Northern Wyoming Community College District (NWCCD) Gillette College
With administrative guidance from the Director of Nursing, the Nursing Instructor is responsible and accountable for ensuring the fulfillment of educational goals and objectives of the nursing program, and ensuring program compliance with applicable nursing education regulatory agencies. Requires leadership in academic and clinical settings; participating in educational planning; evaluating student performance; and motivating and advising students.
· Possess exceptional organizational skills.
· Maintain strict confidentiality.
· Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a wide range of individuals and constituencies.
· Analyze and solve basic and routine problems.
· Interpret college policies and procedures.
· Work as a team member and foster a cooperative work environment.
· All nursing faculty will work a combination of class, lab, and clinical as needed by the department.
· Master’s degree in nursing or nursing education is preferred for full-time appointment. Faculty members may be hired without a master’s degree in nursing but must earn a master’s degree in nursing or nursing education in accordance with on-hire education plan within five years from date of hire. (complies with Wyoming State Board of Nursing, governing organization, and governing organization’s accrediting agency requirements.)
· Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
· Current licensure to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Wyoming.
· Minimum two years’ full-time experience in clinical nursing.
· Clinical skills to supervise students in three of six areas (med-surg.; OB; psych.; OR, ER, ICU; long term; community, other).
· Current BLS for Healthcare Providers or obtains prior to start of employment.
· If not complete prior to hire, must complete ten clock hours of educational preparation in principles and methods of teaching, learning, and evaluation of performance outcomes within six months of date of hire.
· Must successfully pass a background check, drug screen and complete clinical site requirements as applicable.
· Employer paid retirement plan (16.87% employer paid; .25% employee paid)
· Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
· Four days per year paid personal leave
· Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
· Employee and family tuition waivers
· Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
· Free easy-access parking
· Collaborative work environment
· Onsite fitness center and walking track
· Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
· Professional development
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked "America's Top Western Town" by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
NWCCD also includes a small campus site in Buffalo, WY.
Apply online at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu