*Unique Non-Traditional Nursing Opportunity*
Location: Bergen County,
Bergens Promise Inc
Job Description: Bergen County, New Jersey
Be a member of the Pediatric Health Care Team at Bergen’s Promise - integrating mental and physical health
through New Jersey’s Pediatric Behavioral Health Home Model of Service. You will be instrumental in the continuing
development of this program.
Bergen’s Promise is the designated Care Management Organization (CMO) for Bergen County. We provide care
management services and coordinate an array of community based resources for youth ages 5-21 and their families.
The youth we serve are challenged by serious behavioral, emotional, mental health, substance abuse issues and
You will be an integral component in the expansion of the Behavioral Health Home Model of Service. This position
combines nursing and behavioral health with a family/community focus. Within the Behavioral Health Home Model of
Service the Pediatric Behavioral Health Nurse performs nursing assessments, provides medical advocacy, medication/
medical education, and referrals. The Pediatric Behavioral Health Nurse develops and monitors self-management
health goals included in the Individual Service Plan and is accountable for the outcomes of these goals.
• RN License in the State of New Jersey • Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or related field required
• Spanish speaking preferred. • Family/Community focused
• Knowledge of Behavioral Health Care Management preferred, pediatric experience needed
• Valid Driver’s License is required; Must maintain required vehicle insurance according to Agency mandate
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the youth and families served
• Responsible for increasing the census of youth served through promotion of the program.
• Participate in the Wraparound model of collaboration within the Child Family Team model as it pertains to the
development of self-management health goals to be included in the service plan.
• Facilitate regular contact via phone calls and face to face meetings with youth/families to monitor progress and
provide support for the self-management goals included in the service plan.
• Assist assigned families with identifying a primary care provider and coordinate health care goals within the
interdisciplinary care team.
• Obtain applicable metabolic levels and information for assigned youth from primary care providers and
school nurses if applicable.
• Provide health education and promotion to youth and families as related to their individual needs.
• Facilitate the engagement of youth and families in community supports which may include preparing youth and
family for pending appointments and accompanying youth and families on appointments to reduce
• Participate in transitional care and follow-up planning on assigned youth.
For more informamion, or to apply, please contact:
Judith Nelson, HR Manager at [email protected]
Bergen’s Promise, 218 Route 17 North, Suite 304, Rochelle Park, NJ 07662
Phone: 201-712-1170 x5748 Business Cell: 201-470-0399 Fax: 201-712-0391
visit us at www.bergenspromise.org