To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply here: www.comprehensiveliferesources.org
(Full Description listed on company website)
Function: Provide nursing and medical services to the residents of the Children's Residential Treatment Facility. Serves as a member of an organization that welcomes, engages, and serves individuals with complex wellness needs.
- Provide nursing and medical services to residents
- Proivde education regarding prescribed medication and medical treatment to residents, families and staff.
- Document in the progress notes the provisioin of care and the clinical and behavioral observations of residents, using the electronic health record
- Administer and document medications adhering to state and program guidelines.
- Provide emergency medical care as needed.
- Receive and transcribe medical and medication orders and add medications to the electronic prescribing program.
- Serve as a resource person for education and guidance on medications to the electronic prescribing program.
- Provide medical information.
- Write medical summaries as assigned, using the electronic health record.
- Implement nursing treatment approaches as designated through a nursing care plan.
- Observe and assess residents in terms of therapeutic response to medication and the nursing care plan.
- Assist residents in daily living activities.
- Coordinate medical activities on shift with assigned supervisor and team members.
- Assist in monitoring and documenting medical supplies, floor stock, and pharmacy communication.
- Document, monitor, and assist in all aspects of the laboratory process
- Serve as a member of the Pearl Street Health Team.
- Assist in infection control activities and be a member of the infection control committee.
- Ensure the care, safety, and supervision of residents on the therapeutic milieu through positive interactions and direct supervision.
- Utilize individualized and tailored care, in consideration of the specific needs and strengths of residents.
- Complete comprehensive head to toe nursing assessment upon resident admission.
- Complete a suicide assessment upon admission and during any safety concerns.
- Be available on-call when assigned to come in and complete an assessment of a resident involved seclusion or restraint situation.
- Complete nursing care plans for medical needs when needed
- Participate in team meetins around resident needs when asked.
- In addition to the above, perform other duties as assigned.
Comprehensive Life Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women, ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, Vietnam Era Veterans and disabled veterans are encouraged to apply.
-BSN and/or RN. WA State Registered Nurse.
-One year work experience with children and/or adolescents.
-Experience or knowledge of psychotropic medications.Psychiatric experience, child development, milieu treatment, crisis intervention.
-Current CPR Certification
-Strong analytical, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
-Demonstrated ability to multi-task prioritize deadlines, work independtly, take initative and maintain confidentiality.
-Valid WA State driver's license; proof of insurance.