Registered Nurse (Residential Program)
Job Description: Job Title: Registered Nurse (Residential)
FLSA Status: Exempt
To be considered for employment, please complete our Employment Application On-Line: http://cprochester.org/employment.asp
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: Full-time. Days and hours are Monday - Friday during business hours. Evening work may be required on rare occasion as job duties demand.
Summary/Objective: Provides clinical guidance to staff responsible for the health, medical and safety needs of the individuals we serve while acting as a liaison with external service providers. Interacts regularly with other nursing staff, department directors, and direct care staff.
- Imparts agency philosophy of "Equal opportunity, independence, and realization of individual potential" to children, families, program staff, and community resources.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to individuals and their families in accordance with policy.
- Provides nursing assessments and develops treatment plans to meet individuals medical/health needs.
- Implements and/or monitors treatment plans to address medical/health needs and ensures completion of treatment plans and medical supplies availability.
- Provides information and referral to primary physician, consultants, and other medical specialists as needed. Communicates necessary information to individuals, families, staff, and service providers as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Provides or oversees the provision of nursing care and follow-up illness and injuries with referral to the physician as necessary. Assists with individual emergencies.
- Provides documentation and notification of individuals concerns regarding health and safety.
- Develops, monitors, and/or assures established infection control procedures are current and followed.
- Attends and participates in meetings when assigned.
- Documents medical information as defined by agency, regulatory bodies, and professional standards of care.
- Provides clinical oversight to staff responsible for medical/health treatment plan implementation.
- Adheres to agency, regulatory bodies and professional policies, procedures, and standards of care.
- Supports agecny's employee training, health, safety, and/or clinical activities.
- Instructs the Medication Administration Course for agency employees.
- Achieves program goals by performing other responsibilities as required.
- Maintains all required trainings.
- Participates on agency work teams/committees as requested.
- Assists in nursing coverage throughout the agency.
- Participates in conferences, workshops, and in-service training as needed or recommended to enhance job skills and personal growth and development.
- Adheres to agency's policies and procedures as well as department guidelines.
Work environment: This job mainly operates in a residential setting as well as occasionally in a professional office environment.
Physical demands: Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally push or pull individuals in wheel chairs up to 300 pounds.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must be licensed and currently registered as a Registered Professional Nurse by the New York State Department of Education.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Nursing preferred.
- Specialized training and one year experience in treating the developmentally disabled preferred.
- Valid NYS driver's license.
The agencies are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants in the hiring, promotion, compensation, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation/identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, domestic violence victim status, prior arrest and conviction records or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.