Circle of Care, a pediatric home health care agency, is seeking individuals to fill immediate openings for Occupational Therapists to treat patients in the home, daycare, or community setting as prescribed by the attending physician.
This opportunity can start PRN and transition to a full-time position with benefits if candidate chooses - full caseloads available immediately.
Circle of Care is a home health services agency providing in home and community based therapies for children from birth through age 20.
The occupational therapist is a qualified professional person who directs, supervises, evaluates and provides occupational therapy services to patients in the home as prescribed by the attending physician.
- Executive Council for Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners (ECPTOTE)
- At least a Bachelor’s degree
- One (1) full year of supervised work experience preferred
- Licensure or certification by the state of Texas as an OTR ( Registered Occupational Therapist)
- Participate in the development and periodic revision of the plan of care
- Schedules, plans activities and provides rehabilitative services for occupational therapy
- Records type of treatment and patient's reaction to it on clinical/progress notes, which are written on the day of the visit and incorporated in the patient's record weekly.
- Maintains adequate records on all patients, including summary reports
- Utilizes community resources and Agency personnel for proper referral
- Selects and administers diagnostic and therapeutic techniques and materials
- Instructs and counsels other health team personnel and family members in methods of assisting patient in improving, correcting, and accepting his/her disabilities
- Supervise the COTA as follows: Follow guidelines for supervision as outlined by the Executive Council for Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners
- Attends case conferences as requested Participates in staff development activities and in-service education as requested
- Confirms, on a weekly basis, the scheduling of visits with the Patient Care Coordinator
- Notifies Agency of absences due to illness, emergency leave, normal vacation periods, or special professional meetings, which will all affect agreed services with the Agency.
- Participates with staff, patient, and physician in discharge planning activities and completes the occupational therapy discharge summary within the designated framework of the Agency policies.
- Must have a car with current insurance coverage; and
- Valid state driver’s license
Fulltime Employee benefits include:
- 100% Employer paid monthly insurance premiums for employee; dependent coverage available at cost to employee
- Competitive pay; paid bi-weekly
- CEU reimubursment
- Licensre renewal reimbursment
- Locations include El Paso, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Rio Grande Valley, and Corpus Christi