Program Coordinator, Nursing Assistant
College of Western Idaho
This position is responsible to develop, organize, administer, and teach classes Workforce Development (WD) Nursing Assistant program. The position represents CWI as the Region 3 Nursing Assistant Training Center of Idaho.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Coordinate all activities in developing and offering the Nursing Assistant program and classes. To include coordinating the instructor pool, marketing the class to the community, and manage/support student success.
- Instructs assigned classes in accordance with established standards and competencies for the Nursing Assistant program, through planning, preparation, and implementation of effective lessons that relate to the course objectives and can be evaluated by Outcomes Assessments.
- Onboard and evaluate new instructors and their teaching methods to ensure quality instruction.
- Adhere to state Nursing Assistant curriculum guide and requirements.
- Provide administrative and operational support in the form of communicating classroom needs to operational team. Working with Health Director for master scheduling and teacher assignments.
- Responsible for supporting the budget development, monitoring, and administration of Nursing Assistant Program.
- Support Workforce Development strategic plan and initiatives.
- Conveys by words and action the values expected by CWI
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Registered Nurse in the State of Idaho with an current unencumbered nursing license
- Career Technical Occupational specialist certificate in Idaho or experience teaching adult learners.
- Three years of experience working as a RN.
- Two years of experience caring for the elderly or chronically ill of any age.
- Solid understanding of the administrative and clinical practices and activities of nursing assistants.
- Knowledgeable of healthcare teaching best practices and familiar with health online education.
- Ability to travel to different CWI locations throughout the day