Respiratory Therapy Instructor
Northland Community & Technical College
Job Description: East Grand Forks, MN
Who May Apply: Open to all qualifed job seekers
Closing Date: 04/05/2019 @ 11:59 p.m. Central TimeStart Date: August 21, 2019
007845 – Faculty
Date Posted: 03/11/2019
NOTICE OF VACANCY: It is the policy of Northland Community and Technical College to ensure that the selection for this position is accessible to all candidates. This document can be made available in alternative formats by calling Colleen Kukowski, Administration Services Coordinator (218) 793-2407.
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Northland Community and Technical College / East Grand Forks, MN
Division/Unit: EGF Faculty
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day
Travel Required: Rarely, between campuses Job Class Option: 500145
Work Area: Academics
Appointment Type: Full-time, Unlimited Days of Work: Monday – Friday
Salary Range: Depends on Quali cations Bargaining Unit/Union 210-MSCF Location: East Grand Forks, MN
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: Northland Community & Technical College seeks a full-time, unlimited Respiratory Therapy Instructor dedicated to excellence in teaching who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary and cross-cultural perspectives. Primary responsibilities will be on the East Grand Forks campus and Grand Forks Clinical Site.
Faculty members at NCTC are professionally active scholars who participate in departmental and campus-wide activities to enhance their disciplines, promote interdisciplinary discourse and collaboration, and advance the college mission. The college is committed to re ecting a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds among its administrators, faculty and staff.
Examples of Duties:
• Provide classroom, lab and clinical instruction.
• Deliver instruction using a variety of methods including on-site, online and/or hybrid-blended for a wide range of students,
including traditional, developmental, adult, concurrent enrollment and English-language learners • Conduct classroom research and other assessment/evaluation activities.
• Mentor and advise students.
• Maintain consistent communication with students through of ce hours, email, and telephone.
• Plan develop and deliver curriculum.
• Participate in committee assignments and college-wide initiatives
• Support the mission, vision, and core values of Northland Community and Technical College. • Engage in professional development activities.
• Promote diversity and cultural competency.
• Perform other duties as assigned, including contracted clinical time with industry partner.
Minimum Education, Occupational Experience, Recency and Professional Requirements (expected to have to enter job)
• Associate’s degree from an accredited respiratory therapy program.
• Four full-time years (or equivalent) of veri ed related paid work experience as a registered respiratory therapist.
• One year of this work experience shall be within the ve years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential
eld. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary
teaching experience in the credential eld within the last ve years.
• Current Minnesota RRT license (Minnesota Board of Medical Practice) & current CPR certi cation for the Healthcare Professional.
Teaching and Learning Competency Requirements
• course construction (credit course)*
• teaching/instructional methods (credit course)*
• student outcomes assessment/evaluation (credit course)*
• philosophy of community and technical college education (credit or non-credit course)**
• Faculty shall have a degree in education or 3 years of successful full-time (or equivalent) teaching experience prior to being hired, or
shall be required to complete coursework in the above content areas (or their equivalent) prior to being granted unlimited status. • * These courses shall be waived for individuals who at the time of hire have: a degree in education, or have documented evidence
of successful completion of equivalent coursework in the speci ed teaching and learning content areas, or have three years of successful, full-time (or equivalent) secondary, postsecondary, industry, or trade apprenticeship teaching experience in the eld for which they are being hired. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.2)
• ** This course shall be waived for individuals who, at the time of hire, have documented evidence of successful completion of equivalent coursework. (Procedure 3.32.1 College Faculty Credentialing, Part 5, Subpart B.3)
Preferred Quali cations (desired but not expected to have to enter job)
• Baccalaureate or Master’s degree in related eld
• This is a nationally accredited program that requires a baccalaureate degree. A faculty member who does not have a baccalaureate
degree would be required to develop and complete a plan to receive this credential.
• Have a minimum of two years’ experience teaching in an accredited respiratory care program either as an appointed faculty
member or as a clinical preceptor
• Coursework in teaching pedagogies and preparation in principles and methods of evaluation. • Demonstrated ability to work a diverse population
• Hold a valid RT credential and an ability to be licensed in the state of MN
• At least two of the four years of experience as an RRT, should be in clinical respiratory care.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive bene ts package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax exible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: You are strongly encouraged to submit your resume and cover letter online at www.northlandcollege.edu/jobs as paper applications will not be accepted. To aid in the application review process,
the college requests that applicants upload a cover letter, resume, and transcripts when completing the application process.
Please apply online www.northlandcollege.edu/jobs.. Online applications must include:
• Cover letter of interest • Resume • Copy of college transcripts
• Names/contact information of ve (5) professional references. Three must be past supervisors / managers.
Click on the “Faculty and Administrator Jobs” link to apply. You must apply online and attach an electronic resume and copy of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position.
Paper applications and resumes will not be considered.
Application deadline: April 5, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. Screening of applications to begin April 8, 2019
An Af rmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply