La Comunidad Hispana (LCH) offers a comprehensive scope of healthcare, social services, outreach, and education programs to low-income, underserved families living and working in Southern Chester County. As a Federally Qualified Health Center and Patient-Centered Medical Home, LCH provides fully integrated person-centered care in a bilingual and bicultural environment that encourages compliance and fosters improved patient outcomes. Using a holistic approach to care, LCH changes lives by serving southern Chester County as the leading provider of integrated health and community services.
The primary functions of the Registered Dietitian Nutritionist are to develop programs and counsel members on topics related to food and nutrition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete initial and follow-up nutrition assessments for both pediatric and adult outpatients.
- Assess patient’s nutritional status, evaluate nutritional needs, and develop and implement individualized nutritional care plans to improve overall health status.
- Document patient progress per facility standards.
- Plan and deliver nutrition education to patients and family members as indicated.
- Develop culturally sensitive meal plans taking into consideration socioeconomic status and personal preferences.
- Evaluate success of meal plans and adjust as needed.
- Participate in interdisciplinary comprehensive assessments.
- Promote healthy eating through community events and presentations to LCH and outside community organizations. The focus of this outreach should be on the relationship between nutrition, lifestyle habits, and specific diseases.
- Stay up to date with nutritional science research.
- Maintains excellent attendance; performs all duties in a timely manner; attends all meetings as scheduled and/or directed by supervisor or CEO.
- Follows all LCH procedures and adheres to policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Collaborates with staff of all LCH programs to ensure efficient integration of services and support.
- Attends appropriate continuing education to maintain professional credentials and expand knowledge and skills.
- Maintains CDR Professional Portfolio by completing 75 CEU’s per 5-year period.
- Maintains Pennsylvania LDN by completing 30 CEU’s per 2-year licensure period.
- Respects confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job description subject to review and may change based on business necessity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics or related area preferred.
- Registered Dietitian required.
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist (LDN) in Pennsylvania required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- Experience in health center or non-profit business management preferred.
- Experience with community services available in Southern Chester County.
- Experience working at a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) preferred.
- Proficiency in office-based applications: EMR (experience with GE Centricity preferred), MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook) and internet use is required.
- Must possess superior organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, and be detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to be a team player.
- Must be capable of employing time-management skills for projects with varying timelines; must be able to work under pressure.
- Must possess superior customer service and therapeutic communication skills (patience, empathy, responds to patient’s emotional state, excellent patient interview and history taking skills).
LCH is a culturally competent, bilingual, bicultural agency. Qualified members of the community are encouraged to apply.