Prairie View is excited to be recruiting for a Director of Nursing for our Inpatient Units located in Newton, KS. This position will provide oversight and direction to the inpatient nursing staff. Duties would consist of regular contact, coordinating traning for new and current staff, reguarly reviewing staff performance with feedback, conducting annual evaluations and working with staff to maintain a positive work environment. This position will also serve as a float nurse and provide coverage to all Prairie View sites, as needed. This position is full-time with excellent benefits.
Must be a Registered Nurse in the Sate of Kansas. BSN required; Master's degree preferred.
Previous management experience required; 3-5 years healhcare experience, preferably in a mental health setting.
- Supervision of all Inpatient Hospital, ATC, and Turning Point PRTF nurses.
- Work with staff to maintain a positive work environment to ensure high morale.
- Understand organizational structure & communicate employee's ideas/concerns, or refer employees as appropriate. Interpert organzational plans/directions/policies for staff.
- Provide oversight and direction to staff through regular contact (i.e. staff meetings, individual supervision, etc.)
- Assume oversight responsibility for the provision of safe, effective, high-quality nursing care throughout our inpatient units.
- Coordinate the development of organizational wide program, policies, and procedures that address how nursing care needs of the patient(s) are assessed, met and evaluated.
- Serve as leadership.
- Provide effective communication to staff.
- Work with the Director of Inpatient Services to communicate with the Medical Director and CFO regarding financial status of inpatient services.
Performance Improvement/Risk Management:
- Be familiar and participate in performance improvement initiatives.
- Be knowledgeable of various outside regulations (Kansas Board of Nursing, Joint Commission, Medicare, Medicaid, Community Mental Health Center, state laws, PRTF requirements, etc...)
- Network with other nursing leaders in the local area and state.
- Act as a liaison with schools of nursing.
- Represent Prairie View with various public groups.