Home » Job Board »
MT or MLT
American Pathology Partners|UniPath
Job Description: We are looking for an MT or MLT to work as a generalist is our reference laboratory located in Durango Colorado. This is a Day Shift position with one rotating weekend per month. This position does NOT require on call hours.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Perform clinical laboratory tests and accurately report them to the providers.
2. Performs quality controls and troubleshoots any issues.
3. Evaluate and/or implement new procedures, instruments, tests, or methodologies.
4. Support teammates and provide orientation for new staff members.
5. Maintain inventory in a neat and acceptable manner.
6. Participate in continuing education and all required in-service programs.
Qualifications: MT or MLT certified by either ASCP or AMT, previous experience is preferred. We will consider an applicant holding a Bachelor of Biology or Chemistry without clinical lab experience.
Experience: A clinical generalist is preferred.
Job Demands: Demands are light in regards or physical stress; however emotional
stress is involved in meeting time and accuracy standards. Infectious disease demands
are always a possibility when work involves blood, body fluids, and other infectious materials.
Initiative: Use judgment to plan and perform diversified duties. Initiate action to get the work done within the limitations of precedents and well-defined policy. Trouble shooting of instruments and procedural difficulties is necessary.