Search for a Job
Subscribe to receive eNewsletter
|Our weekly e-mail newsletter is distributed at no charge and includes current healthcare news plus the latest Job Postings.|
|Subscribe • View current eNewsletter|
Upload Your Resume
|Upload your resume and we will forward it to employers whose search criteria best matches your qualifications.|
Job Search Tips & Resources
Job Title Part-time Clinical Training and Assessment Center (CTAC) Coordinator
Applications Accepted From Planning Unit, University Wide, Public: Open to the public
Special Instructions to Applicants
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED ON OUR CLEVELAND CAMPUS.
THIS IS A PART-TIME (20 HOURS PER WEEK) POSITION
Please complete the online application and attach required documents. Required documents include a detailed cover letter, current resume, and a list of at least three (3) professional references with current contact details, including email addresses.
The position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, please apply by October 29, 2019. Review of applications will begin immediately.
This position is eligible for the following benefits: Level 2 - Sick Leave; Vacation; Holidays Paid; Winter Break Closure; Retirement
Posting Number 20162683S
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED AT OUR CLEVELAND CAMPUS.
This position coordinates the planning, implementation and management of the Clinical Training and Assessment Center (CTAC) at the Heritage College of Medicine. This position is responsible for all CTAC equipment to include but not limited to, human patient simulators, low fidelity task trainers and computer-based learning systems in the CTAC. This position also coordinates all educational experiences for all year 1-4 students, collaborating with faculty, staff, students and standardized patients. The position also collaborates for assistance with Objective Structured Clinical Exams (OSCE’s).
1. Coordinate and support all clinical laboratory experiences, including the management and maintenance of the Clinical Training and Assessment Center (CTAC). Standardized patient coordination: screens applications, participates in interviews and hires standardized patients. Provides orientation and training. Approves payroll. Reviews Performance Center Management.
2. Management: maintains, cleans and keeps in good repair medical equipment, human patient simulators and task trainers. Responsible for maintaining inventory, purchase and maintenance of educational equipment and related supplies for lab activities. Coordinates and supports educational experiences within the CTAC.
3. Collaboration: assist with the planning and development of clinical simulation experiences, including clinical scenarios and scripts for standardized patients. Acts as a liaison with other entities involved in continuing medical education. Assists in coordination of Objective Structured Clinical Exams (OSCE) and other simulation activities. Coordinates and assists with administering AHA BLS and ACLS courses.
4. Administrative Responsibilities: create and disseminate written reports as appropriate. Develop and monitor budget of CTAC for Director of Operations. Coordinate with Director, Experiential Learning to insure all CTAC activities and programs are consistent.
• Bachelor’s degree in education, healthcare, experiential learning, or adult learning, educational technology or information technology or related field of study.
• 5 years of applicable and demonstrated professional experience, including administration, leadership, communication skills, organizational skills.
• Ability to operate medical equipment
• Demonstrated experience in supervision
• Clinical knowledge and experience to effectively develop, set up and review processes of the medical simulation labs
• Experience working with human patient simulators
• 5 or more years experience in simulation, especially medical simulation
• Experience in medical education and patient simulations, clinical evaluation models and problem-based learning.
Department HCOM-Cleveland Campus
Salary is commensurate with education and experience, while also considering internal equity. This position has paid holidays, vacation and sick time as well as an excellent retirement plan with up to a 10% company contribution. Additional information is available at https://www.ohio.edu/hr/benefits.
Job Open Date 09/27/2019
Posting Close Date This posting will close on October 29, 2019
Job Category Administrative - Non Exempt-Hourly
Planning Unit Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
Work Schedule Varies
Campus HCOM Extension Campus, CLEVELAND, OH
Expected hours worked per week 20 hours per week
Expected duration of assignment 2 years from start
Applicants may contact this person if they have questions about this position. Susan Lachman, [email protected]/740-593-2545
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Ohio University is a member of the OH/Western PA/WV Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. www.ohwpawvherc.org
Employment Type Part-Time Term
Job Family/Subfamily Academic Services-Medical Advising & Academic Spprt
Career Track & Level IC 4
Pay Grade CA&P | 17 |
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/1638470