Search for a Job
Subscribe to receive eNewsletter
|Our weekly e-mail newsletter is distributed at no charge and includes current healthcare news plus the latest Job Postings.|
|Subscribe • View current eNewsletter|
Upload Your Resume
|Upload your resume and we will forward it to employers whose search criteria best matches your qualifications.|
Job Search Tips & Resources
University of the Incarnate Word
Clinical Outreach & Standardized Patient Manager
University of the Incarnate Word is a Catholic institution that welcomes to its community persons of diverse backgrounds, in the belief that their respectful interaction advances the discovery of truth, mutual understanding, self-realization, and the common good.
The University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM ) educates aspiring physicians to be justice-minded, global citizens using a community-based, distributed model of education, which fosters inclusion, discovery and innovation.
The Clinical Outreach Coordinator & Standardized Patient Manager has a dual responsibility; first to oversee patient care activities of the UIWSOM community outreach clinical events and projects, and second to recruit, train, and manage standardized patients (SPs) in the UIWSOM Center for Interprofessional Experiential Learning and Observation (CIELO ) - who portray various types of patients used in high-stakes clinical skills exams for physicians, medical students, and other health profession students.
UIW offers Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave, UIW Tuition Waiver, Tuition Exchange Program, 13 Paid Holidays, Employer-Paid Basic Life/AD&D Insurance 1 X base salary, Employer- Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSAs) - Medical/Dependent Care, Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (403B), Employee Assistance Program, Free Membership to Wellness Center, and more!
This position is considered a “Responsible Employee” under Title IX federal regulations and “Mandatory Reporter” under Texas state law and The UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about violating Title IX. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
Job Duty Name
Community Outreach Responsibilities
Description of Job Duties
• Assist with planning, organizing, and managing community clinical outreach activities, projects, and events.
• Develop and maintain relationships with community sponsors of clinical outreach activities.
• Recruit, train, and manage clinical outreach volunteers.
• Maintain and order medical supplies as needed for community outreach clinical activities.
• Other duties as assigned. Job Duties
Job Duty Name
Standardized Patient Recruitment and Supervision
Description of Job Duties
• Recruit, train, and monitor the performance of SPs for CIELO activities and assessments – including all aspects of case portrayal (delivery of details, physical simulation, affect, and fidelity).
• Operate within UIWSOM guiding principles of curricular design, to include best practices in standardized patient education, lifelong learning through collaborative scholarship and excellence in a learner-centered curriculum.
• Observe case videos of SP/Learner interaction, implement evaluation and improvement initiatives of SPs for quality assurance purposes to ensure standardization.
• Support the CIELO Operations Manager in mitigating SP non-compliance to standardization.
• Apply national standards criteria for the physical examination components of Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCEs) to ensure that fundamental clinical skills for osteopathic medical practice are incorporated into SP training and performance to meet these standards.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Have a knowledge of and commitment to the mission, vision, and guiding principles of UIWSOM .
• Ensure compliance with all safety, environmental, and infection control procedures and protocols in all community outreach clinical activities, and within CIELO .
• Effectively use, administer and operate software and hardware utilized for managing activities, assessments, and compliance with documentation standards in both the clinical environment and in CIELO , including the use of electronic medical record and learning management systems.
• Participate in the development of operating goals and budget objectives for the community outreach clinical activities and SP utilization.
• Assist with the development and implementation of strategies to foster both teamwork and accountability among interdisciplinary and interprofessional team members.
• Work independently at times with limited supervision.
• Actively participate in professional development activities.
• Demonstrated ability to work with new programs or other endeavors requiring adaptability.
• Evidence of effective interpersonal, organizational, planning, team-building, and problem-solving skills, including work with interprofessional and multidisciplinary teams.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, and time management skills.
• Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
• Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA .
Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field.
Required Work Experience
• Demonstrated proficiency with database management and electronic record keeping/reporting systems, including MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook.
• Familiarity with best practices in SP education (e.g. Association of Standardized Patient Educators)
• Significant participation in facilitating training workshops and interacting with small groups of individuals from diverse backgrounds on a routine basis.
• Master’s degree in a health-related field.
• Experience as a clinic or medical practice manager.
• Experience organizing community clinical outreach events.
• 2 years of work experience in standardized patient programs and/or healthcare simulation.
• Experience working with simulation and/or education management software (such as SimIQ, eMedley, Learning Space, or Blackboard).
• Familiarity with osteopathic medical education programs, including national standardized testing programs (NBOME ).
• Active membership in the Association of Standardized Patient Educators (ASPE ).
• Fluency in Spanish.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
• Basic Life Support or the ability to acquire within 3 months of hire. Must maintain a current certification.
• Must have a driver’s license and a driving history acceptable to the University insurance carrier.
Normally M-F 8-5, with some evenings and weekends depending on the needs of the department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequent use of hands, vision (e.g. close and color vision and the ability to adjust focus) and hearing, including frequent use of computer keyboards and monitors.
• Lifting objects not to exceed 25 lbs.; crouching, crawling, standing and sedentary work in an office, outdoors (at times in austere conditions), and in multiple learning environments.
Posting Number: AS870PO
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrator (exempt)
Desired Start Date: 11/16/2019
Reports To: Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs
Open Date: 10/10/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1662485
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sex, gender, age, or religion (except in limited circumstances when religious preference is both permitted by law and deemed appropriate as a matter of University policy).
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.