Search for a Job
Subscribe to receive eNewsletter
|Our weekly e-mail newsletter is distributed at no charge and includes current healthcare news plus the latest Job Postings.|
|Subscribe • View current eNewsletter|
Upload Your Resume
|Upload your resume and we will forward it to employers whose search criteria best matches your qualifications.|
Job Search Tips & Resources
University of the Incarnate Word
University of the Incarnate Word is a Catholic institution that welcomes to its community persons of diverse backgrounds, in the belief that their respectful interaction advances the discovery of truth, mutual understanding, self-realization, and the common good.
The University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM ) educates aspiring physicians to be justice-minded, global citizens using a community-based, distributed model of education, which fosters inclusion, discovery and innovation.
The UIWSOM invites applications for a Simulation Coordinator who coordinates facilities and services provided to a variety of internal and external users in the Center for Interprofessional and Experiential Learning and Observation (CIELO ). The Simulation Coordinator reports to the Operations Manager of CIELO .
This position is considered a “Responsible Employee” under Title IX federal regulations and “Mandatory Reporter” under Texas state law and The UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about violating Title IX. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
UIW offers Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave, UIW Tuition Waiver, Tuition Exchange Program, 13 Paid Holidays, Employer-Paid Basic Life/AD&D Insurance 1 X base salary, Employer- Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSAs) - Medical/Dependent Care, Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (403B), Employee Assistance Program, Free Membership to Wellness Center, and more!
Job Duty Name
Description of Job Duties
• Knowledge of and commitment to the mission, vision, and guiding principles of UIWSOM .
• Coordinates day to day activities and services in the experiential learning areas located in CIELO including scheduling, lab set up, and management of lab equipment and supplies (which may also include simulation equipment, task trainers, and other biomedical equipment).
• Prepares and maintain a variety of reports and records associated with the simulation/lab suites to include utilization and inventory reports.
• Provides tours of the simulation lab, providing technological demonstration of the equipment.
• Assist the CIELO Operations Manager in maintaining warranty documentation for all simulation/lab equipment.
• Assists in restocking supplies in the various simulation/lab suites located in CIELO .
• Assist with the use of audiovisual equipment in support of learning activities, Objective Structured Clinical Exams and simulation/lab equipment.
• Supports staff and faculty in preparing equipment and supplies to create a quality learning environment.
• Work independently at times with limited supervision.
• Build collaborative relationships as part of an interdisciplinary team, including UIWSOM faculty and CIELO staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Effective interpersonal, organizational, planning, team-building, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work with new programs or other endeavors requiring adaptability.
• Demonstrated proficiency with database management and electronic record keeping/reporting systems, including MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook.
Associates degree in healthcare administration, business administration, education, or equivalent (2 years of work experience in healthcare simulation and/or health education support, 60 hours of college credit from an accredited college or university, or EMT Paramedic certification with work experience).
Required Work Experience
Proficient with database management and creating reports.
• Bachelor or Master degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or education.
• Experience working with simulation and/or education management software (such as SimIQ, eMedley, or Blackboard).
• Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS ) or Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE ).
• Fluency in Spanish.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
Basic Life Support or within 6 months of hire.
Normally M-F, 8a-5p with some evenings and weekends dependent upon the needs of the department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Significant participation in facilitating training workshops and interacting with small groups of individuals from diverse backgrounds on a routine basis. The physical demands of this job include:
• Frequent use of hands, vision (e.g. close and color vision and the ability to adjust focus) and hearing.
• Lifting objects not to exceed 25 lbs.; crouching, crawling, standing and sedentary work in an office and multiple learning environments.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license and have a driving history acceptable to the University insurance carrier.
Posting Number: AS872PO
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Staff (non-exempt)
Desired Start Date: 11/16/2019
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: CIELO Operations Manager
Open Date: 10/15/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1678410
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sex, gender, age, or religion (except in limited circumstances when religious preference is both permitted by law and deemed appropriate as a matter of University policy).
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.