Search for a Job
Subscribe to receive eNewsletter
|Our weekly e-mail newsletter is distributed at no charge and includes current healthcare news plus the latest Job Postings.|
|Subscribe • View current eNewsletter|
Upload Your Resume
|Upload your resume and we will forward it to employers whose search criteria best matches your qualifications.|
Job Search Tips & Resources
Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
Primary Care Physician - Emphasis on Reproductive Health
Under general direction, Physicians in this classification are assigned to perform primary care duties within the scope of practice of an active Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) license in the State of California. In addition, preference will be given to applicants to this position with expertise in the ability to assess, diagnose, and treat health problems of college-aged patients, specific to female-identified health and reproductive anatomy of all students. Physicians work as part of an interdisciplinary health care team and may be assigned responsibility for the clinical supervision of the delivery of medical care by other licensed health care professionals and practitioners in the Student Health Center, such as nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses and others engaged in the care of patients.
The purpose of Campus Health & Wellbeing is to help students achieve and maintain academic success and lifelong health and wellbeing by providing timely and appropriate primary and acute health care, disease and injury prevention education, professional mental health, outreach, educational services and campus consultations.
• Obtain medical history and perform physical examination of patients; order and interpret laboratory, x-ray and other necessary testing; diagnose illnesses and injuries; formulate treatment plans, including prescribing and administering medical and behavioral health treatments and referring to other health care professionals as needed.
• Perform basic emergency procedures as necessary; assess and stabilize acute medical conditions and when necessary arrange referral for more definitive care at another medical site.
• Counsel and educate patients on related physical and mental health issues; recommend preventative health measures; and follow-up on treatment to promote and confirm the appropriate resolution of illness and injury.
• Ability to serve as a mentor and resources consultant to other health center personnel.
• Thorough knowledge of and the ability to effectively and efficiently apply the principles and methods essential to the diagnosis and treatment of common primary care medical disorders, reproductive medical care, and in the assessment and response to acute medical situations. Demonstrated ability to perform gynecological exam.
Education and Experience
• Graduation from a medical school and completion of a residency training program in a primary care field such as family medicine, general internal medicine, gynecology, general pediatrics, emergency medicine, preventive medicine accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or equivalent.
• Two years or its equivalent of increasingly responsible experience in the practice of female-identified health issues and reproductive health.
License and Certification
• A valid State of California license to practice medicine.
• American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) medical board certification appropriate for the assigned duties.
• A valid Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration and number for prescribing controlled substances.
• Basic life support (or higher) cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillator (CPR/AED) certification for Healthcare Providers (by date of hire).
Anticipated Hiring Range:$12,000 - $12,500 per month based on a 10/12 schedule
This position is paid under the 10/12 pay plan, where the salary for 10 months is distributed over 12 months. The salary will be received every month. The incumbent will have June and December off every year (with pay, benefits, and vacation/sick leave accrual continuing through months off).
Classification Range: $125,148 - $212,556 per year
Known for its Learn by Doing pedagogy, Cal Poly is the flagship of the world-renowned California State University system. Annually recognized as one of the top public universities in the nation, Cal Poly continues to offer an academic curriculum based on learned experience gained through real-world practice. Located in San Luis Obispo, Cal Poly is nestled comfortably among the coastal foothills, minutes from the Pacific Ocean and equidistant to the Bay Area and Los Angeles.
Cal Poly offers a best-in-class benefits program, including health, dental and vision insurance, retirement participation in the Public Employees' Retirement System, and educational benefits for eligible employees. See our https://afd.calpoly.edu/hr/benefits/ for additional information.
At Cal Poly, we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. Bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and value systems fosters the innovative and creative thinking that exemplifies Cal Poly's values of free inquiry, cultural and intellectual diversity, mutual respect, civic engagement, and social and environmental responsibility.
Cal Poly's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. California Poly is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with Cal Poly. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Cal Poly has designated as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter.
Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo is not a sponsoring agency for staff positions (i.e. H1-B visas).
Requisition Number: 494128
To Apply: All applicants must apply online at: https://apptrkr.com/1695672.
Cal Poly is a nationally ranked, four-year, comprehensive public university. Founded in 1901, the 6,000-acre campus is nestled in the foothills of San Luis Obispo, along California's scenic central coast and midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. With a budget of $168.5 million, the university has a student enrollment exceeding 17,000 students and employs more than 2,000 faculty and staff members. Cal Poly is part of the 23-campus California State University system.
At California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. Bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and value systems fosters the innovative and creative thinking that exemplifies Cal Poly's values of free inquiry, cultural and intellectual diversity, mutual respect, civic engagement, and social and environmental responsibility.
Cal Poly's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. California Polytechnic State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.