Search for a Job
Subscribe to receive eNewsletter
|Our weekly e-mail newsletter is distributed at no charge and includes current healthcare news plus the latest Job Postings.|
|Subscribe • View current eNewsletter|
Upload Your Resume
|Upload your resume and we will forward it to employers whose search criteria best matches your qualifications.|
Job Search Tips & Resources
Rancho Santiago Community College District
Assistant Professor of Nursing #AC19-0801
Nursing/Science, Mathematics & Health Sciences Division/Santa Ana College Tenure Track Position
RSCCD has one of the highest faculty salary schedules among California’s 72 community college districts. New faculty may be placed as high as step 11 on the salary schedule based upon verified teaching/work experience. The current starting salary may range from $60,826.05 - $102,877.08/year ($63,259.09 - $106,992.16/year effective July 2020) for the 10-month academic year, depending upon education and experience. Additional compensation is provided for work beyond the basic teaching contract.
The district will contribute up to $30,672.60 per year toward the medical/dental insurance expense for the employee and any eligible dependents, plus $1,750 per year for additional fringe benefit expenses, life insurance coverage of $50,000 or the employee's annual salary, whichever is greater and ten days of sick leave per year. Membership in the California State Teachers' Retirement System.
Starting Date: 2020 Fall Semester
Deadline to Apply: Wednesday, February 12, 2020, 5:00 PM
Teach all assigned classes, which may include evening or off-campus assignments unless excused according to Board Policy provisions. Maintain accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, and academic progress. Assist in maintaining course outline for each assigned course. Be familiar with and observe the administrative regulations as they appear in the Faculty Handbook (flex calendar obligations, course overviews, etc.). Participate in department committees and activities. Will teach a variety of courses/levels within the discipline/area of study.
Minimum Qualifications (Applicants must meet one of the following):
• Possess from an accredited institution: A master's degree in Nursing AND possess an unencumbered, active Registered
Nurse license from the state of California prior to the August start date, AND at least one (1) year experience in the
practice of nursing providing direct patient care within the last five (5) years, OR
• Possess a California Community College LIFE credential in Nursing OR the minimum qualifications as set by the
Board of Registered Nursing, whichever is higher, OR
• The equivalent (applicants who do not meet the above minimum qualifications must complete the Equivalencies
Section in the application form and provide conclusive evidence of such)
• Meet the California Board of Registered Nursing approval requirements for medical-surgical nursing and/or geriatric or willingness to remediate in order to meet the California Board of Registered Nursing approval requirements.
• Experience in teaching students from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds and widely varying levels of proficiency preferred.
• A working knowledge of and experience with student learning outcomes and assessment.
• Completion of at least one (1) year of experience teaching courses/clinical rotations in pre-licensure nursing within the
last five (5) years or a course which includes practice in teaching nursing.
In addition to the requirements and responsibilities listed, the following criteria will be considered in selecting candidates for interviews:
• Educational experience - breadth and depth
• Work experience - breadth and depth
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities
• Curriculum development
• Program development
• Community involvement
• Demonstrated experience in working with a diverse socioeconomic community
• Credentials or minimum qualifications authorizing service in other areas of need
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others
• Bilingual ability (if needed)
Based upon the information presented on the application materials, a limited number of candidates with qualifications most pertinent to the position will be invited to participate in the selection process, which may include a written test and oral interview.
Applicants selected for an interview may be required to take additional tests or assessments and will be notified of such prior to the date of the interview. During the oral session, those selected for interviews, in addition to the above, may be evaluated on the following factors:
• Oral communication skills
• Problem solving skills
• Successful teaching, problem solving or performance demonstration
• Writing skills/demonstration
Applicants are requested to provide thorough yet concise information on their related experience to ensure correct evaluation of their qualifications. A predetermined set of questions will be asked during all interviews. Evaluation criteria will be applied consistently to all applicants.
Method of Application
For consideration in the selection process, interested persons must complete the RSCCD application and upload all required documents online at https://apptrkr.com/1730509 by the specified closing date for the position. If you do not have a computer, there is a computer which can only access RSCCD employment website and scanner to upload application materials/documents (no USB) available at the Human Resources Department, 2323 North Broadway, Santa Ana, California, 92706, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. Note: District Office will be closed December 23, 2019 - December 27, 2019.
Please upload the following application materials in the appropriate boxes with your online application by the closing date:
• Resume (Required)
• Unofficial Transcripts showing that the minimum qualifications are met (Required)
• Any additional supplemental materials (Optional)
Travel reimbursement is available to those meeting the established district criteria.
Candidates selected for employment will be required to provide current verification of a negative TB test or chest x-ray, complete the district's fingerprinting process, and bring proof of their legal right to work in the United States. Cost of TB testing, fingerprinting and the fee for criminal record check will be paid for by the candidates.
The Rancho Santiago Community College District is an equal employment opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, sex, race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics), marital status, citizenship, or service in the uniformed services, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact the Human Resources Office for assistance.