Home » Job Board » New York »
Enzo Clinical Labs
Job Description: Farmingdale, New York
We have the following exciting opportunity in our growing Core Laboratory. We have openings in Immunology, Microbiology, Hematology, and Chemistry.
The Medical Technologist will perform qualitative and quantitative tests and examinations using various analyzers and/or manual methods on specimen sources such as blood, urine, and other body uids using established procedures. They will also be responsible for performing established quality assurance procedures (quality control testing, instrument function checks and calibrations). Maintains appropriate documentation and reports irregularities.
We have several shifts Available:
Full Time, Part Time -- Flexible Hours
Full Time 3nd Shift – Mon – Fri, every other Saturday.
Full-Time Day Shift -- Tues -- Sat Hours 8:30am-5pm
Speci c Responsibilities:
• Assesses the accuracy and validity of obtained test results by applying knowledge of relevant scienti c principles, recognizes changes that are critical to patient care, and identi es probable cause for irregular and atypical ndings.
• Maintains records of tests and examinations and nal results for all record functions and inquiries related to patient care.
• Troubleshoots instruments and resolves technical problems whenever possible, documents corrective action, and reports problems to the supervisor.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Performs, and reviews Quality Control to assure accuracy of results.
• Performs testing in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates the ability to set priorities
• Organizes assigned work to optimize productivity and ef ciency
• Responsible for independently performing tests in designated work areas.
• Completes work assigned during shift; leaves minimal leaves minimal work for next shift. • Ensures that supplies are available; noti es appropriate personnel.
• Consults appropriate personnel when critical results are obtained.
• Noti es appropriate personnel when dif culties arise that may delay testing.
• Maintains & operates automated equipment according to policies and procedures.
• Documents preventive maintenance as necessary.
• Actively participates in the analyses of NYSDOH, and CAP PT samples
• Licensed by New York State Education Department (NYSED) as a Clinical Laboratory
• Bachelors Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology or related degree, preferred.
• Current certi cation through the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), preferred.
• Minimum of one (1) year work experience working in a Medical Laboratory preferred. Job Type: Full-time
Please send resumes to:
Deborah Sohmer, PHR, CEBS, Sr. Human Resource Manager [email protected]
ENZO - 60 Executive Boulevard, Farmingdale, New York 11735