Search for a Job
Subscribe to receive eNewsletter
|Our weekly e-mail newsletter is distributed at no charge and includes current healthcare news plus the latest Job Postings.|
|Subscribe • View current eNewsletter|
Upload Your Resume
|Upload your resume and we will forward it to employers whose search criteria best matches your qualifications.|
Job Search Tips & Resources
Stony Brook University
Director of Revenue Cycle Management
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Bachelor's degree (foreign equivalent or higher). Five (5) years of experience in revenue cycle management. Experience structuring revenue cycle workflow; i.e. patient registration, insurance eligibility verification, scheduling, collections, denial management, posting of payments, coding, accounts receivable, financial reporting, and reconciliation. Four (4) years of experience in direct supervisory oversight of revenue cycle management. Dental/Medical Coding Certification. General knowledge of Article 28 DTC regulations. Experience in the use of Electronic Health Records (EHR) and billing software or Practice Management Systems. Knowledge of HIPAA regulations. Knowledge of Medicaid billing guidelines. Knowledgeable of Medicare billing requirements and process. Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite.
CPA/MBA or Master's degree (foreign equivalent or higher) in Healthcare Administration/Policy. Four (4) years of experience in revenue cycle management in an Article 28 Diagnostic and Treatment Center (DTC). Experience managing multiple projects. Knowledge of New York State Medicaid billing guidelines. Six (6) years supervisory and/or administrative experience. Experience with axiUm software. Knowledge of business intelligence software (e.g., Tableau).
Brief Description of Duties:
Responsible for leading revenue cycle functions at the School of Dental Medicine Dental Care Center with the implementation of revenue cycle workflow(s) and key performance indicators (i.e. financial and statistical data). Provide strategic leadership, operational support, and training to staff not limited to patient accounts management, financial analysis and accounts reconciliation to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, while maximizing staff efficiency, increasing clinic productivity, and enhancing patient access to care. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Lead the Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) unit; develop strategies for maximizing collection, and streamline systems and processes.
• Develop, plan, organize, and implement revenue cycle policies and workflow with a focus on strategic and operational improvement.
• Enhance current procedures for billing self-pay patients, submitting claims to commercial insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid.
• Stay apprised of industry/regulatory trends and best practices.
• Maintain an operational workflow that compliant with HIPAA regulations and other applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
• Enhance the pre-claim review process.
• Monitor the effectiveness of all revenue cycle activities to maximize revenue within regulatory guidelines.
• Monitor provider credentialing and payer enrollment reports.
• Responsible for the direction and supervision of the Revenue Cycle Management team.
• Establish key performance indicators to evaluate the progress of the Dental Care Center in meeting its performance objectives.
Patient Accounts Management
• Oversee the processing of payments.
• Develop policies and procedures for reducing bad debt, increasing cash flow, and managing the Dental Care Center's receivables.
• Participate in insurance company negotiations.
• Review insurance contracts.
• Manage the resolution of contract payment issues and oversee collection efforts.
• Participate in the administration of Revenue Cycle Management vendors from sourcing, negotiations, implementation, and auditing of contracted pricing arrangements.
Financial Analysis and Accounts Reconciliation
• Analyze and communicate revenue reports (i.e. production, cash flow, and accounts receivable).
• Reconcile payments using data in the Electronic Health Records software (axiUm) and the bi-weekly University collections and monthly revenue reports.
• Assist in external financial statement audits, insurance audits/inquiries, and internal compliance requests.
• Other innovative projects as they pertain to revenue cycle workflow including marketing, customer service, and patient accounts management.
• Other duties or projects as assigned as appropriate to rank and departmental mission.
This is a full time appointment. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity at (631) 632-6280 or visit OIDE.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Official Job Title: Staff Associate
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Dental Care Center- School of Dental Medicine- Stony Brook University-Stony Brook University
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Shift Shift Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Pass Days: Sat, Sun
Posting Start Date: Mar 10, 2020
Posting End Date: Apr 9, 2020, 8:59:00 PM
Salary: $115,000 - 135,000 plus $3,026 location pay.
Salary Grade: SL4
Appointment Type: Term
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1866702
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.