Search for a Job
Subscribe to receive eNewsletter
|Our weekly e-mail newsletter is distributed at no charge and includes current healthcare news plus the latest Job Postings.|
|Subscribe • View current eNewsletter|
Upload Your Resume
|Upload your resume and we will forward it to employers whose search criteria best matches your qualifications.|
Job Search Tips & Resources
Oakwood Village has an exciting opportunity for qualified candidates to join our Prairie Ridge (East Side of Madison) or University Woods (West Side of Madison) senior living community facility team as a Registered Nurse. Our Registered Nurse is responsible direct resident care, leadership of LPN, MAA, and CNA staff. The RN is also responsible for collaborating with nurses from all shifts, interdisciplinary staff, and physicians on issues related to the management and coordination of resident care.
The Registered Nurse position has multiple shifts available.
-Full Time, Part Time & Per Diem
Why Work at Oakwood?
-Great pay starting at $30.00 for the RN position plus an additional $0.75 for hours worked on 2nd Shift and weekends (We also pay for experience as well)
-403B Retirement Plan
-Paid Time Off for staff working 37.5 or more hours every two weeks
-Dental, Vision, Life insurance offered for staff working 37.5 or more hours every two weeks and medical benefit added for those working 60 hours every two weeks.
- Medical benefit incl
-Continuing Education/Tuition Reimbursement Program
Job Responsibilities of a Registered Nurse (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
- Perform resident care, such as medication, treatment, therapy, admissions/discharge assessments, and education of resident and family.
- Lead the assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, and documentation of resident condition and care.
- Deliver nursing care in compliance the State of Wisconsin regulations and the Code of Federal regulations.
- Serve as a consultant to the LPN, Med Tech and CNA staff.
- Complete physician order entry, as well as double & triple checks of new physician orders. Complete MAR monthly check of orders as delegated
- Communicate changes in condition to MD, family and team members in a timely manner
- Facilitate development of knowledge and skills of CNAs and other staff nurses.
- Assist in interviewing qualified candidates to meet facility needs.
- Evaluate and report to Supervisor/DON/NHA efficacy of staffing pattern.
- Ensure families of residents are knowledgeable of resident status and prognosis.
- In coordination with Human Resources Staff Development, provide in-service to other staff members.
- Attend continuing education offerings to maintain current knowledge of trends and practices in nursing and long term care.
Job Qualifications of a RN (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
- Knowledge of both the State of Wisconsin regulations and the Code of Federal regulations, preferred.
- Knowledge of Medicare requirements, preferred
- Ability to use independent judgment and make sound decisions, required.
-Ability to communicate effectively with the residents.
-Ability to work within established policies and procedures.
-Ability to work in a partnership environment which fosters effective teamwork in meeting the mission of Oakwood Village.
-Willingness to accept a weekend and holiday work schedule. Job
Experience/Training Required of a RN (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
- Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Wisconsin, required.
- CPR certified preferred.
- Knowledgeable in geriatric care, preferred.