Memorial Health Care Systems, an NRHA award winning Critical Access Hospital in Seward, NE, is seeking a Full-Time Registered Nurse for our 5 PM - 5 AM night shift. This position offers flexible scheduling including every third weekend and holiday rotation. This is an opportunity to work with a strong, dedicated health care team while earning a competitive wage and benefits package including night shift retention bonus.
The Hospital RN is responsible for patients’ care; medical administration; coordinates clinical services with doctors, physical therapists, etc.; contribute to team approach for patient and resident care to promote health and well-being of families and parents.
Job Summary/Essential Duties:
- Assures that patients’ rights are maintained.
- Keeps conversations/communications and discussions confidential.
- Communicates emergency situations in the facility and alerts proper authorities if necessary.
- Assures the safety of equipment used by the staff and patients by alerting the Maintenance Department of malfunctions.
- Attend in-services and receive orders for care.
- Assist other nurses.
- Develop and carry out nursing plans.
- Report condition of patients to doctors.
- Patient assessments (vital signs, skin condition, lung sounds, etc.)
- Technical functions (IM, IV, NG, catheters, etc.)
- Medical administration.
- Therapeutic communication and patient education.
- Personal cares (Activities of daily living).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Completion of a Registered Nurse program in an accredited institution.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Nebraska.
- BLS Certification required.
- ACLS Certification required.
- NRP preferred.