Home » Job Board » NJ »
Location: Hamilton ,
Job Description: HAMILTON SURGERY CENTER
HAMILTON SURGERY CENTER
Effective Date: September 19, 2006
Revision Date : February 24, 2020
Policy Number: HR000400klp
Job Description: Surgical/Endoscopy Technician
Reference/Standard: JCAHO HR 1.20/ NJ Regulation 8:43A-3.5
Assist the endoscopy team before , during and after the procedure; Responsible for Proper Handling and processing of equipment, instrumentation, and supplies necessary to perform invasive and non-invasive procedures at the surgery center ; Provide patient care within the prevailing state standards of practice and the policies and procedures of the Surgery Center; Prepare equipment and supplies prior to the case; Communicate appropriate information to other team members; Help maintain equipment, supplies, and the cleanliness and efficiency of the Surgery Center.
The Endoscopy/Surgical Technician reports to the Nurse Manager. In the absence of the Nurse Manager, the Endoscopy/Surgical Technician reports to the Clinical Director and/or Administrator.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand and prioritize customer requirements;
• Know and adhere to the policies and procedures of the center;
• Maintain and demonstrate current skills and knowledge in aseptic technique, proper scrub technique, cleaning and preparation of equipment and endoscopy room and other needed clinical competencies;
• Prepare equipment and instrumentation and be ready for the case to begin when the patient is brought in the room;
• Know and anticipate surgeon's routine and procedures;
• Follow OSHA and other standards for protection against blood borne pathogens and body fluids ;
• Use good body mechan ics and aseptic technique;
• Help turnover every room when available;
• "If you hear it; you own it" - Respond and follow-up on surgeon supply and equipment requests;
• Correlates operative proced ures with instrumentation and equipment;
• Demonstrates proper handling and disposal of clean waste and regulated medical waste including sharps, needles, etc;
• Demonstrates knowledge of principles of sterile technique, universal precautions, fire, safety and disaster protocol, body mechanics and Hazcom;
• Follow OSHA and other standards for protection against blood borne pathogens and body fluids;
• Demonstrate fiscal responsibility;
• Seek involvement / actively participate in activities that promote professional growth and performance improvement;
• . Be willing to learn and rotate to other processes/areas when/where needed;
• Maintain an open line of communication with the Clinical Director, Circulator, peers, and ancillary staff regarding issues important to meeting the needs of patients and surgeons;
• Remain calm and function as a team member during times of stress and crisis situations; and
• Ask for help when you need it.
• CST or six months experience.
• Current CPR.
• High integrity and effort;
• A strong work ethic and competency;
• The knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served;
• A desire to learn from one another; flexibility;
• A team attitude - recognition that everyone impacts performance;
• Direct and courteous communication;
• Sincere empathy and respect;
• Standing, walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling;
• Maintaining varied body motions and positions for long periods of time.
• Occasional lifting; moving up to 100 pounds.
• Manual dexterity
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Acceptance of Job Description:
I understand and accept this job description. I understand that it supersedes any previous job description. I further understand that future performance evaluations will be based in large part on my meeting the requirements of this job description. The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Each employee is part of the Surgery Center team and as such, may be asked to learn and perform other duties as required. I acknowledge being given a copy of this job description.