Home » Job Board » Washington »
Vice President of Clinical and Health Services - Nurse Practitioner
Job Description: Bellevue, WA
Vice President of Clinical and Health Services
Reports to: President
The Vice President of Clinical and Health Services provides nursing leadership and oversight for Áegis Living’s Clinical and Health services to achieve the highest levels of quality within all aspects of resident care across all Áegis communities. Through mentoring, collaboration, education, and highest quality nursing standards, the VP of Clinical and Health Services is accountable for achieving our care quality goals and outcomes. Reporting directly to the President, this role serves as a key member of the senior leadership team and provides critical thought leadership, collaborating to deliver the highest standards of consistent, compliant and compassionate care while promoting a best in class experience for the wellbeing of our residents and families.
The Vice President of Clinical and Health Services is responsible for the following:
• Lead the Áegis nursing philosophy which aligns caring, compassionate and respectful resident healthcare with innovative wellness initiatives the promote longevity and the best-lived life within Assisted Living and Memory Care (Life’s Neighborhood).
• Lead regional and local Clinical and Health Services operations to include selection and development of highly capable nursing and care leadership. Oversee pipelining and support selection of Health Service Directors, Regional Nursing leadership, Regional Care Directors and other critical nursing and/or care leadership.
• Build and deliver clear and effective Clinical and Health Services onboarding programs to align quality care expectations and standards for all new hires across communities in all functional areas.
• Ensure appropriate training and ongoing development of Clinical and Health Services leadership to inspire their success. Work with key leaders across disciplines to ensure appropriate learning and education for all Clinical and Health Services team members ensuring continuing education is provided and skill levels remain current for all care staff.
• Provide routine performance feedback, team development, coaching, and mentorship for all Clinical and Health Services leadership, including regional and local nursing and care leaders.
• Build and support a program wide staffing model for care that meets the current and future needs of Áegis residents and adjusts based on evolving philosophy around wellness and care. Understand the need to pivot based on unforeseen circumstances and present compelling short and long-term plans.
• Serve as a champion for Áegis Living’s partnerships with schools and other external partners as they relate to the development of talent pipelines, educational opportunities, and the advancement of our workforce efforts. Work in collaboration with talent acquisition as well as operations leaders to explore ways to find, attract and retain clinical talent for Áegis Living.
Regulatory Safety and Compliance
• Lead the development and implementation of uniform philosophies, systems and processes across the organization to ensure ongoing compliance with State and Federal regulations and standards for all care for Assisted Living and Memory Care including policies pertaining to safety and infection control.
• Build and evolve standard practices across Áegis communities that align with current CDC Core Practices for infection prevention and control. Accountable for embedding these practices into every aspect of nursing and care for every resident, ensuring absolute safety and protection from communicable diseases, such as COVID-19, Influenza and Norovirus.
• Provide tools, resources and education to local teams to enable ongoing monitoring of quality, the quick identification of risks and/or trends, and the ability to implement timely and appropriate corrective actions to always maintain quality and compliance while ensuring best in class compassionate care.
• Monitor state and national regulatory requirements for updates. Educates and consults with the Regional nursing leaders, Health Services Directors, General Managers and others to develop policies, systems and processes to enable Áegis Living to prepare for changes in requirements and ensure successful implementation of changes that will meet the intent of the regulations.
• Collaboratively support regulatory requirements that inform evaluation of new residents and ongoing evaluation of current residents in alignment with Áegis Living’s philosophy and goals.
• Lead efforts to audit care in each community on a regular cadence to ensure adequate care plans are in place for each resident and costs are allotted appropriately.
• Investigate any significant clinical or quality events to identify probable causes and develop immediate corrective action plans in partnership with the Health Services Director (HSD) and Operational leaders. Define changes to policies, procedures, reporting or other processes to reduce the risk of recurrence.
• Develop meaningful data and complete appropriate analyses to review outcomes as well as
identify areas for improvement. Prepare reports and present findings to senior leadership as well as local leadership teams. Assist in setting both organization-wide goals as well as goals specific to each location that will continually push the organization toward higher levels of accountability and quality of care.
• Proactively manage Medical Director Program, partnering with contracted external practitioners and providers across all communities to ensure best-in-class care. Partner and consult on critical medical decisions for residents.
• Manage all program wide Clinical and Health Services related contractors and programs including but not limited to contracted Medical Directors, Mental Health, CPR and Dementia training, labs, pharmacy, and contingent nursing talent.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required; Master’s or Doctorate in Nursing with a focus in geriatrics or gerontology preferred.
• Current and valid WA and/or CA state approved Nurse Practitioner license highly preferred or Registered Nurse license. Ability to obtain WA or CA licensure within the first year of hire.
• 7 years of nursing leadership experience required building and leading effective nursing teams including hiring, training and development. 10 years preferred.
• 5+ years of geriatric nursing or gerontology, including education in the aging process, memory decline and related behavior management.
• Must demonstrate a passion to act as a champion for change within the industry, the ability to lead others through change and the ability to make decisions that lead toward new approaches and ways of thinking.
• Solid, professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Expertise in most up-to-date safety and infection prevention and control practices.
• Demonstrated organization and administrative skills in Microsoft Office suite and other software applications including electronic medical records.
• Proven aptitude for cross-functional collaboration ensuring successful outcomes for all parties.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Head of Executive Talent Acquisition
Home Office - Human Resources
415 118th Avenue SE
Bellevue, WA 98005