Search for a Job
Subscribe to receive eNewsletter
|Our weekly e-mail newsletter is distributed at no charge and includes current healthcare news plus the latest Job Postings.|
|Subscribe • View current eNewsletter|
Upload Your Resume
|Upload your resume and we will forward it to employers whose search criteria best matches your qualifications.|
Job Search Tips & Resources
Supervisor, Nursing Services (PACE)
Department(s): PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for Elderly)
Reports to: Manager, Clinic Operations, PACE Center
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: M - $85,000 - $121,000
The incumbent is responsible for the daily operations of the PACE nursing services. Maintains direct supervision of the CalOptima PACE registered nurses and licensed vocational nurses of the PACE clinic.
The incumbent will lead the nursing services team, including the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Works under the direct and indirect supervision of the PACE Manager of Clinical Operations or designee but is independent in the application of advanced nursing knowledge and skills.
• Hires, develops, trains, supervises, and evaluates performance of the CalOptima PACE nursing services staff to ensure high quality patient services and standards are met.
• Coordinates nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing standards and maintains knowledge of current regulatory requirements and industry trends.
• Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
• Reviews documentation by nursing staff to ensure compliance with industry and departmental standards.
• Partners with PACE administration, Manager of Clinical Operations, and direct care staff to develop and revise CalOptima PACE policies and desktop references related to the PACE clinic.
• Participates in the Interdisciplinary Team's initial assessments, care planning and periodic reassessments (every 6 months) of the participant's cases in accordance with industry and departmental standards, and in other assigned meetings as appropriate.
• Maintains daily oversight and ensures coordination of care is completed by nursing services staff. Ensures exemplary care is rendered to all PACE participants.
• Develops and maintains relationships with providers and community partners, serves as a liaison between the participants and community partners, including alternative care settings and community-based physicians.
• Organizes in-service training for direct reports.
• Provides guidance or directly handles complex direct and indirect patient care issues.
• Serves as a resource for staff, providers, participants, and community partners.
• Assists Clinic Manager with investigating and resolving participant grievances related to nursing services as applicable.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Possesses the Ability To:
• Work effectively in a team environment.
• Encourage effective relationships among staff geared to team building and maintenance of a cohesive team, to provide exceptional customer service and customer focused care.
• Interact with peers face-to-face, over the phone and in writing in a manner that is productive.
• Manage and keep track of multiple tasks.
• Establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with all levels of staff, community partners, healthcare agencies, and the public.
• Teach, think analytically, and critically to solve problems effectively, and provide clinical guidance, counseling, and education to geriatric participants and their families and/or caregivers.
• Act within the scope of his/her authority to practice.
• Initiate and follow through on projects without supervision.
• Meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by CalOptima PACE and approved by regulatory agencies before working independently.
• Be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up to date before engaging in direct patient contact.
• Apply knowledge of patient's age, developmental status, spiritual and cultural diversity into the provision of patient care.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
• Utilize computer and appropriate software (e.g., Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and job specific applications/systems to produce correspondence, charts, spreadsheets, and/or other information applicable to the position assignment.
Experience & Education:
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Current, unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) license to practice in the State of California required.
• 5+ years RN clinical experience with at least 1 year working with the frail or elderly population with last 3 years relevant experience required.
• 3+ years supervisory experience or acting in a leadership role required.
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
• Bilingual in English and in one of CalOptima's defined threshold language (Spanish, Vietnamese, Arabic, Farsi, Korean, Chinese) is preferred.
• Clinical nursing treatment of geriatric patients and their acute and chronic conditions.
CalOptima is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit. CalOptima wants to have qualified employees in every job position. CalOptima prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee, or applicant for employment, based on race, religion/religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning status, age, sexual orientation, immigration status, military status as a disabled veteran, or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. CalOptima also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived as having, any of those characteristics.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources Disability Management at 657-900-1134.
Job Location: Orange, California
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2342767
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.