Home » Job Board » Iowa »
Director of Nursing
Location: Laporte City,
Care Initiatives - LaPorte City Specialty Care
Job Description: Laporte City, IA
Director Of Nursing
LaPorte City Specialty Care
Care Initiatives is now hiring a Director of Nursing (DON) at La Porte City Specialty Care to lead our clinical team at our reputable, lodge-like facility within a reasonable commute of both Cedar Rapids and Waterloo. This reputable skilled nursing facility recently received deficiency-free annual survey!
We provide compassionate transitional health care to Iowans at all walks of life and are committed to providing dignified and custom care for almost any need. As the largest single operator of quality Skilled Nursing and Intermediate Care in Iowa and as a non-profit organization we’re committed to excellence and being an industry leader in services, tools, and support provided. Our earnings are reinvested in our nursing homes and teams in the form of improvements, new facilities, high-quality staff, and new care programs.
Care Initiatives is proud to have reinvested millions of dollars into the communities we are honored to serve!
We offer highly competitive compensation which varies based on previous experience and the shift selected. Several shift options are available, and we look forward to discussing your schedule needs with you.
Purpose of the position:
Under general supervision of the Administrator, the Director of Nursing manages Nursing Department human and material resources, with responsibility and accountability for the provision of quality nursing care and service to facility residents/families, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and adherence to company policy/procedure and budgetary guidelines.
The primary responsibilities are to assess resident needs and interview, hire and terminate adequate nursing personnel. Set resident care standards in accordance with accepted current standards of care to provide high-quality care to residents. Develop and implement policies and procedures for nursing care of residents. Supervise and manage all aspects of the nursing department. Assess, direct, and supervise residents’ care needs. Cooperate with the administration to assure efficient, cost-effective operation of the facility. Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Current registration and licensure in the state of Iowa as an RN. Must be in good standing with the Board of Nursing.
• Current, valid CPR certification.
• Prior ADON, Nurse Manager or DON experience preferred
We are proud to provide excellent benefits to our team members!
• Dayforce Wallet- On-Demand Pay- access your pay as soon as it is earned!
• Three different great medical plan choices!
• HSA and FSA Programs
• Two different dental coverage plan options
• Retirement 403(b) Savings Plan with company match!
• Basic Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Voluntary Critical illness and Accident Coverage Plans
• Doctor on Demand, discounts on gym memberships, fitness equipment, ID Theft Protection, Be Well 24/7
• Discount Programs on Verizon Wireless and hotel, theme park tickets, electronics, appliances, apparel, and more!
• LPN& RN Tuition Assistance Program
• LPN&RN Board Funding
• Student Loan Reimbursement
• Continuing Education (CE)
• Online Training
• Advancement & Transfer Opportunities
• CNA Training Reimbursement
• Employee Referral Bonus
• Veteran’s Day Pay for Veterans
• Years of Service Recognition Program
For more information please contact:
1611 West Lakes Parkway
West Des Moines, Iowa 50266
D: (515) 224-4442 x1255
C: (515) 201-8005
F: (515) 224-0960
EOE / AAP Veterans and Disabled