Home » Job Board » Massachusetts »
Laboratory Technician I-Science, Environmental Science, and Engineering Departments
Location: Greater Boston area,
Bunker Hill Community College
Job Description: Laboratory Technician
I-Science, Environmental Science, and Engineering Departments
Category: Classified Staff
Department: Science, Engineering & Mathematics Department
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Jul 21, 2021
Closes: Sep 1, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Ref. No.: CLA
Position ID: 133916
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area.
The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence.
The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution.
Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Provide technical support for instructional, research, experimental and other related activities in support of laboratory courses in Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, and Microbiology. Will work under the supervision of the Science & Engineering Lab Coordinator and will be based primarily on the Charlestown campus. Will also provide support for weekend and evening courses.
• Assemble, install and operate equipment, instrumentation and other apparatus in classroom or laboratories in support of research and instructional activities.
• Adjusts, calibrates and tests technical, laboratory and/or other instructional equipment and components according to specifications, standards, diagrams, technical manuals, and/or instructions of professional staff and faculty.
• Prepare materials for laboratory experiments, tests, and instruction.
• Demonstrate for and provide instruction to students and other laboratory users in the proper operation, care and maintenance of laboratory and instructional equipment.
• Set up and conduct experiments and class exercises; collect and/or assist in the collection of data; prepare and perform data analysis; and assist with research projects.
• Maintain the cleanliness and safety of laboratory according to established standards and procedures utilizing procedures such as disposing of contaminants, washing and sterilizing glassware, and inspecting temperature control equipment.
• Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment; orders laboratory materials as needed.
• Perform related duties such as maintaining records, logs and schedules of equipment use, maintenance and repair.
• One year of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in chemistry/biology/biotechnology laboratory work.
• Associate Degree or higher in a science field; may substitute for a required work experience depending on academic laboratory experience;
• Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
Tuesday-Friday 10:00 a.m.-6:00p.m.,
Saturday: 9:00AM - 5:00 PM and
Sunday & Monday Off
August 5, 2021
Extended to 09/01/2021
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
• Cover Letter
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.