Search for a Job
Subscribe to receive eNewsletter
|Our weekly e-mail newsletter is distributed at no charge and includes current healthcare news plus the latest Job Postings.|
|Subscribe • View current eNewsletter|
Upload Your Resume
|Upload your resume and we will forward it to employers whose search criteria best matches your qualifications.|
Job Search Tips & Resources
Stony Brook University
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Instructor, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine/Special Procedures
Location: Stony Brook, New York
Aug 13, 2021
Nov 13, 2021 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time
The Department of Pediatrics seeks faculty for the Division of Critical Care Medicine at the Clinical Instructor Level.
Pediatric Special Procedures/Pediatric Critical Care Nurse Practitioner
Responsibilities and Requirements:
The Nurse Practitioner will work in collaboration with Pediatric Critical Care physicians and Pediatric Anesthesiologists. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Assessment and Diagnosis of Pediatric Patients
• Obtain patient medical histories.
• Perform physical examinations.
• Order and interpret laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures as needed.
• Assess Pediatric patients' suitability for procedures requiring sedation and/or anesthesia.
• Obtain consent for procedural sedation.
Sedation of Pediatric Patients
• Provide patient/family education regarding purpose, regimens, and side effects and possible interactions of medications.
• Prescribe sedation medications for painful and motionless procedures as dictated by the delineation of privileges.
• Provide any other appropriate interventions within the parameters, expertise and knowledge of the Nurse Practitioner.
Monitoring of Pediatric Patients during Intravenous Infusions
• Manage patients during IV infusions and responding to adverse events.
• Communicate any issues regarding an infusion patient with the ordering physicians.
• Provide appropriate post-sedation and/or post-anesthesia care.
• Consult with physicians and other health care providers as needed.
• Coordinate patient discharge and make appropriate referrals.
• Perform any needed procedures for which he/she is credentialed including the placement of central and peripheral intravenous catheters.
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Patient Management
• Assist in the management of critically ill children as needed under the supervision of a PICU attending.
• Serves as an educational resource to the patient/family, nursing staff, and other providers.
• Participates in scholarly activities, including research or education, and participates in his/her own professional development.
• Participates in maintaining patient safety including the collection of data for safety initiatives.
Licensed Pediatric or Family Practice Nurse Practitioner with Pediatric Critical Care Medicine experience and National Board Certification. Applicant must be PALS certified.
Applicant should have at least 3 years of experience in Pediatrics, with 1 year in Pediatric Critical Care preferred. Acute Care Nurse Practitioner status is preferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2436667.
All application materials must be submitted online. Please use the Apply Now button to begin your application. For technical support, please visit Interfolio's Support Site (https://support.interfolio.com/) or reach out to their Scholar Service Team at [email protected] or (877) 997-8807.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Janet DeLuca at [email protected]
Non-Tenure Track position. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible.
Long Island's premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine, represents Stony Brook University's entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook's health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children's Hospital, the five Health Sciences schools -- Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare -- as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 624 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County's only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children's, with more than 180 pediatric specialists in 30 specialties, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region. In the Medical and Research Translation (MART) building, two floors are occupied by Stony Brook University Cancer Center’s outpatient services, and four floors are devoted to cancer research. Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential core values at Stony Brook Medicine. We believe we do our best and most impactful work when we leverage our diverse, equitable and inclusive perspectives. We are proud to recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request . It can also be viewed online at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information,veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.