Home » Job Board » Nebraska »
Instructor, Associate Degree Nursing
Southeast Community College
Job Description: Position Title Instructor, Associate Degree Nursing
Department Associate Degree Nursing
Job Category Faculty
Job Type FT
Posting Number 01390
Position End Date
General Description of Position
Under the general supervision of the Health Sciences Associate Dean & Dean, the Instructor will provide instruction of students in various courses in the classroom (may be face-to-face or on-line) /laboratory/clinical settings. The instructor may serve as a coordinator for a group of courses or be the lead instructor for a course or courses within the program. The instructor develops and implements the course syllabus according to the Program curriculum plan and SCC policies in cooperation with other faculty.
• Current knowledge and expertise in course(s) assigned per curriculum plan.
• Basic knowledge of medical vocabulary, grammar, spelling, writing, measurements, and mathematics.
• Ability to read, interpret, comprehend course, classroom or clinical materials that include, but are not limited to, textbooks, medical records, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to develop/incorporate a variety of teaching strategies and techniques in the classroom/laboratory/clinical setting.
• Ability to supervise students as they perform return demonstrations/role plays, simulations, etc. in classroom laboratory and as they perform skills in the clinical laboratory, according to approved standards for Associate Degree Nursing as defined by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission and the Nebraska State Board of Nursing.
• Knowledge and experience using computer software to include Microsoft Office products including; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Windows/Explorer and Outlook and a willingness to learn computer aided instructional software to enhance instruction.
• Ability to role model for student’s excellence and ethics in providing health care for clients.
• Ability to organize and schedule instructional activities, being resourceful in obtaining clinical experiences according to the approved guidelines of the Program.
• Knowledge, experience, and ability to make correct assessment of resident/client/patient’s status or student actions, and intervene appropriately.
• Ability to devise/utilize appropriate evaluation methods for classroom and clinical according to Program Assessment Plan.
• Ability to relate to and collaborate with colleagues, faculty, students, clinical staff, and supervisor of diverse backgrounds in a positive and cooperative manner.
• Ability to use effective problem solving techniques with students and colleagues
• The individual must possess the above skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Bachelors degree in nursing
• Graduate degree in nursing or make annual progress toward a graduate degree in nursing and complete a degree within 6 years of faculty appointment
• Have an unencumbered registered nurse license to practice nursing in Nebraska
• Have 2 years of clinical experience
• Maintain health requirements for clinical site
• Master’s degree in nursing with a minimum of two (2) years clinical work experience in medical-surgical nursing.
• Teaching experience in a post-secondary educational institution.
• Maintain health requirements for clinical site.
Open Date 09/13/2021
Close Date 09/27/2021
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Internal and external searches will run simultaneously.
Quick Link https://southeast.peopleadmin.com/postings/7654