Search for a Job
Subscribe to receive eNewsletter
|Our weekly e-mail newsletter is distributed at no charge and includes current healthcare news plus the latest Job Postings.|
|Subscribe • View current eNewsletter|
Upload Your Resume
|Upload your resume and we will forward it to employers whose search criteria best matches your qualifications.|
Job Search Tips & Resources
Stony Brook University
Director of Revenue Cycle Management
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Bachelor's degree (foreign equivalent or higher). General knowledge of Article 28, Article 28 Diagnostic, and Treatment Center (DTC) regulations. Five (5) years of experience in revenue cycle management for medical/dental services. Experience structuring revenue cycle workflow. Four (4) years of supervisory oversight of revenue cycle management. Knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare billing guidelines. Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite.
CPA/MBA or Master's degree (foreign equivalent or higher) in Healthcare Administration/Policy. Additional years (6+) of experience in revenue cycle management for medical/dental services. Project Management experience. Knowledge of New York State Medicaid billing guidelines. Additional years (5+) of full-time supervisory oversight of revenue cycle management. Dental/Medical Coding Certification. Experience in the use of Electronic Health Records (EHR) and billing software or Practice Management Systems. Experience with axiUm® software. Knowledge of business intelligence software (e.g., Tableau or Power BI).
Brief Description of Duties:
Responsible for leading revenue cycle functions at the School of Dental Medicine Dental Care Center with the implementation of revenue cycle workflow(s) and key performance indicators (i.e. financial and statistical data). Provide strategic leadership, operational support, and training to staff not limited to patient accounts management, financial analysis and accounts reconciliation to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, while maximizing staff efficiency, increasing clinic productivity, and enhancing patient access to care. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Lead the Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) unit; develop strategies for maximizing collection, and streamline systems and processes.
• Develop, plan, organize, and implement revenue cycle policies and workflow with a focus on strategic and operational improvement.
• Enhance current procedures for billing self-pay patients, submitting claims to commercial insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid.
• Stay apprised of industry/regulatory trends and best practices.
• Maintain an operational workflow that is compliant with HIPAA regulations and other applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
• Enhance the pre-claim review process.
• Monitor the effectiveness of all revenue cycle activities to maximize revenue within regulatory guidelines.
• Monitor provider credentialing and payer enrollment reports.
• Responsible for the direction and supervision of the Revenue Cycle Management team.
• Establish key performance indicators to evaluate the progress of the Dental Care Center in meeting its performance objectives.
Patient Accounts Management:
• Oversee the processing of payments.
• Develop policies and procedures for reducing bad debt, increasing cash flow, and managing the Dental Care Center's receivables.
• Participate in insurance company negotiations.
• Review insurance contracts.
• Manage the resolution of contract payment issues and oversee collection efforts.
• Participate in the administration of Revenue Cycle Management vendors from sourcing, negotiations, implementation, and auditing of contracted pricing arrangements.
Financial Analysis & Accounts Reconciliation:
• Analyze and communicate revenue reports (i.e. production, cash flow, and accounts receivable).
• Reconcile payments using data in the Electronic Health Records software (axiUm®) and the bi-weekly University collections and monthly revenue reports.
• Assist in external financial statement audits, insurance audits/inquiries, and internal compliance requests.
• Other innovative projects as they pertain to revenue cycle workflow including marketing, customer service, and patient accounts management.
• Other duties or projects as assigned as appropriate to rank and departmental mission.
This is a full-time appointment. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Essential Position: This has been designated as an essential position based on the duties of the job and the functions performed. Positions that are designated as such may be required to report to work/remain at work even if classes are cancelled, and the campus is working on limited operations in an emergency.
In accordance with the New York State Department of Health (DOH) order that all hospitals and nursing homes “continuously require all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,” Candidates who are not already vaccinated must obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the vaccine protocol. The order also includes those who may be affiliated with or interact with employees of a hospital or nursing home. The order allows for limited medical exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at or visit https://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/oea/.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewedhttps://www.stonybrook.edu/police/.
Visit ourhttps://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/jobs/working-here/index.php page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Job Number: 2103275Official Job Title: Staff AssociateJob Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)Primary Location: US-NY-Stony BrookDepartment/Hiring Area: Dental Care Center- School of Dental Medicine- Stony Brook UniversitySchedule: Full-time Shift :Day Shift Shift Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Posting Start Date: Sep 17, 2021Posting End Date: Oct 17, 2021, 8:59:00 PMSalary:Commensurate with experience.Appointment Type: Term
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2547986
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.