Search for a Job
Subscribe to receive eNewsletter
|Our weekly e-mail newsletter is distributed at no charge and includes current healthcare news plus the latest Job Postings.|
|Subscribe • View current eNewsletter|
Upload Your Resume
|Upload your resume and we will forward it to employers whose search criteria best matches your qualifications.|
Job Search Tips & Resources
St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children
Respiratory Therapist delivers quality respiratory care to pediatric residents ranging in age from newborn to young adult. Plans, implements and evaluates a respiratory plan of care to meet the individual requirements of each resident in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care plan team. Supports the Hospital's mission to provide the highest quality care by complying with regulatory guidelines, meeting facility standards, and maintaining appropriate certification.
This is a full-time Night Shift position from 7:00pm-7:30am. Alternating weekends and rotating holidays. This is an 1199 position.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plans, implements and evaluates a respiratory plan of care to meet the individual requirements of each resident in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team.
2. Completes resident assessments for breath sounds, SpO2 according to facility policy and physician orders.
3. Provides treatment, evaluation, monitoring and management of breathing disorders and cardiovascular problems; administers oxygen, pulmonary toileting, administers medications, monitors pulmonary systems and measures lung function as needed/ordered.
4. Determines requirements for treatment, such as type, method and duration of therapy, precautions, medication and dosages, compatible with physician’s orders.
5. Monitors resident’s physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, pulmonary function, and consults with physician when indicated.
6. Provides critical airway management during a Code Blue or Medical Assist including positive pressure ventilation via bag and mask as required. Performs CPR according to PALS/ACLS standards.
7. Provides ventilator management and assists with bedside weaning assessment and trials.
8. Inspects, cleans, tests and maintains respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently, ordering repairs when necessary, according to facility policy.
9. Provides tracheotomy care (routine/emergency trach changes) of trached residents according to facility policy.
10. Participates in therapist driven protocols for weaning of residents from ventilators.
11. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to manage resident care.
12. Communicates with staff regarding changes in patient condition.
13. Monitors and records patient responses to treatment in the medical record.
14. Serves as a clinical resource for nursing staff, residents, families and other staff members.
15. Participates in Comprehensive Care Plan Meetings.
16. Educates residents and their families about their conditions and teach appropriate disease management techniques, such as breathing exercises and the use of medications and respiratory equipment.
17. Participates actively in department’s quality improvement activities.
18. Any additional duties in relation to job title based on departmental needs.
Formal education required:
Previous experience required:
Join our fabulous team of professionals where big hearts help little patients!
We RECOGNIZE ability and REWARD excellence. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits:
St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer