Search for a Job
Subscribe to receive eNewsletter
|Our weekly e-mail newsletter is distributed at no charge and includes current healthcare news plus the latest Job Postings.|
|Subscribe • View current eNewsletter|
Upload Your Resume
|Upload your resume and we will forward it to employers whose search criteria best matches your qualifications.|
Job Search Tips & Resources
Stony Brook University
Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer
Working across the entire healthcare and academic health enterprise, the Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer (CSTO) will play a critical role in leading the ongoing transformation of Stony Brook Medicine from a traditional brick-and-mortar health delivery system to a cutting edge health delivery platform. This vision, while still emphasizing traditional healthcare delivery, focuses on digital health, remote and alternative sites of care, precision medicine and the ongoing development of advanced therapies. Responsible for driving all aspects of strategy for the organization, including all five health sciences schools, and identifying key initiatives to guide this transformation. The execution of these strategies will be driven through both internal initiatives and industry partnerships that will be initiated and negotiated by this individual. Works across the academic health center to identify and ensure executive of strategic initiatives that drive the attainment of the organization's vision. This role reports directly to the Executive Vice President for Health Sciences and serves as a member of his senior leadership team.
Duties of a Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer may include the following but are not limited to:
Strategic Planning & Execution
• Develop and update the strategic plan for the health system and the health science center, including the strategic plan pillars, areas of concentration, research, education, talent and culture, marketing and branding, community relations, IT, analytics, development, outreach, facilities, financials and ambulatory expansion.
• Develop various high-impact business plans to support the strategic plans.
• Build alignment of the strategic plans with the budgets, long-range financial and capital plan.
• Monitor key external trends, sharing anticipated impact and driving strategy discussion with senior executive leadership.
• Present to and facilitate discussion with senior executive leadership groups and boards.
• Lead the implementation of the strategic plans for the health systems and the health sciences.
• Coordinate with and among all strategic planning pillar leads to ensure key initiatives are successfully implemented.
• Lead the development of tracking systems and project management methodologies to measure progress on key initiatives and performance outcomes, including scorecards, dashboards and variance reports.
• Develop and implement the overall management system, including the stewardship of the annual planning and leadership calendar and key milestones.
• Provide periodic updates on performance and progress of the strategic plan to key stakeholders, faculty members, senior leadership groups and boards.
Strategic Analytics & Thinking
• In collaboration with the analytics function, build a system of robust data analytics from collection, measurement and analysis to dissemination of actionable insights and implementation.
• Drive analytics of complex problems and reporting to executive leadership, boards and other key stakeholders.
• Lead various strategic transformation efforts using analytics as the core foundation.
• Ensure strategic plans and their implementation are based in sound data and thorough analytics.
Transformation and Business Development
• Identify and pursue new growth and business development opportunities for the health system and the health sciences.
• Identify key internal and external partners. Lead, coordinate and drive strategic partnership discussions that result in furthering the strategic ambition of the enterprise.
• Develop insights into the decision-maker's expectation and what they will pay for. This includes development of competitive intelligence to understand and explore how disruptive competitors are creating value for their customers.
• Provide stewardship for the entire business development process, including partnership concepts, due diligence in coordination with other areas such as Legal, Finance and the Technology Commercialization Office (TCO), and drive timely decision-making with governance and senior leadership.
• Lead the structuring of various transactions, including strategic affiliations, mergers and acquisitions, strategic partnerships, etc. in collaboration with key stakeholders, including the legal team.
• Proactively identify new, innovative and transformative areas of emphasis and strategic partnerships to further the strategic plan and grow the health systems and the health sciences.
• Facilitate a connected approach to transformation, considering the highly matrixed nature of the organization.
• Develop and scale a compelling narrative that conveys why a company needs to transform.
Collaborating and Influencing
• Acts as a catalyst for change and champions transformation within the organization. Is results-orientated, sets high standards and holds other accountable.
• Builds and develops high-performing teams.
• Demonstrates integrity, trust, accountability, collaboration and empathy in all interactions.
• Develops and implements plans in alignment with the organization's long-term interests.
• Values and encourages both independence with collaboration and alignment among institutions that are separate and unique.
• Leads with passion and ensures all goals are aligned with the mission and vision SBUH and the health sciences schools.
• Skillfully works through the complex components and matrixed relationships at the health system. Uses data, market intelligence and business care development to foster support across the organization.
• Facilitates discussions across the health system to enable collaboration with each other and promotes collaboration across multiple parties.
• Engages people in dialogue to gain commitment and bring them “on board,” linking their perspectives to the intent.
• Adapts own approach to various audiences, anticipating impact of words and actions, preparing for possible resistance and responding in an appropriate style, using a range of influencing styles.
• Identifies and meets with key players and stakeholders to help them shape a consensus collectively, and engages in a dialogue to reach a conclusion together, compromising as necessary for results.
• Develops an explicit understanding of which relationships are most important to the organization and its stakeholders and builds a network prioritizing these relationships.
• Communicates both, internally and externally, the environment of change and solutions being employed by the institution.
• Communicates new direction or charges with clear rationale and appeal.
• Advocates for new direction, even countering conventional practice.
• Speaks at all available opportunities about the future direction of the health system
• Adjusts communication style to changing situations and to respond to audience concerns.
• Master's degree in business, health administration or a related field
• 15+ years of progressive experience in strategic planning, business/partnership development, innovations and transformation, with eight years at the vice president level or above.
• Experience developing and negotiating strategic partnerships, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions.
• Significant experience working for a large, progressive integrated delivery system, academic medical center, specialty healthcare enterprise, healthcare strategy consulting, payer or healthcare technology company.
• Exposure to and experience with deals in both the traditional provider and payer space, in addition to digital health and other transformative healthcare companies.
• Track record of attracting top talent and developing and mentoring high-performing teams.
• Healthcare, industry, digital, virtual health, pharma and/or device company leadership experience
Special Notes: Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
In accordance with the New York State Department of Health (DOH) order that all hospitals and nursing homes “continuously require all covered personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.” Upon acceptance of a conditional job offer, candidates who are not already vaccinated must obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the vaccine protocol. The order allows for limited medical exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
Posting Overview: This position will remain posted until filled or for a maximum of 90 days. An initial review of all applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date. Candidates are advised on the application that for full consideration, applications must be received before the initial review date (which is within two weeks of the posting date).
If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the position posted, additional applications will be considered for the posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and hired within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close for review, and possibly reposted at a later date.
• Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
• All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary.
• This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
• This function/position maybe designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements:
• Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services*
• Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3) professional references.
• Successfully complete a 5 panel drug screen*
• Successfully complete a Background Check investigation.
• Provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s).
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
*The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the University Office of Equity and Access at .
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewedhttps://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https://www.stonybrook.edu/police/&data=02 | 01 | [email protected] | 66fb74ae10a54d3d0de408d83330b5bd | eafa1b31b194425db36656c215b7760c | 0 | 0 | 637315631595152065&sdata=mpKfBSnyr1z2wH1hsX1OZx8WpTGfXBWUtZGtNgcvHA4=&reserved=0.
Job Number: 2104481Official Job Title: Assistant Vice President for Hospital AffairsJob Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)Primary Location: US-NY-Stony BrookDepartment/Hiring Area: Executive AdministrationSchedule: Full-time Shift :Day Shift Shift Hours: 8:30am-5:00pm variable Pass Days: Sat, SunPosting Start Date: Nov 8, 2021Posting End Date: Feb 6, 2022, 8:59:00 PMSalary:Commensurate with experienceSalary Grade:MP2
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2643962
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.