Home » Job Board » Maryland »
• Instructor/Assistant Professor, Nursing • Instructor/Assistant Professor, Histotechnology • Instructor/Assistant Professor & Academic Chair, Medical Assisting
Anne Arundel Community College
Job Description: Anne Arundel Community College Job Opportunities
• Instructor/Assistant Professor, Nursing
• Instructor/Assistant Professor, Histotechnology
• Instructor/Assistant Professor & Academic Chair, Medical Assisting
Anne Arundel Community College (AACC) is seeking an exceptional faculty member committed to the college’s philosophy that education serves the greater good by providing students access to a better life. The candidate for a faculty position understands that community colleges are positioned to fundamentally change people’s lives, and as a result, society itself. Required qualities include a belief that continuous improvement in pedagogy and relationships with students, other faculty, and staff are hallmarks of an educator who has been called to the profession. We are seeking colleagues who embrace the idea of helping students achieve their goals, and approach academic excellence as evidenced in equity as a moral imperative.
AACC believes that faculty are the heart of the institution. We are seeking a faculty member who is energized by the community college pathways and inclusivity/equity initiatives and see it as their job to support a diverse set of learners inside and outside the classroom. AACC embraces the notion of life-long learning and continuous improvement, and so is looking for those with a sincere desire to self-reflect on personal instructional practices and work collaboratively with colleagues to improve teaching and learning for all students. AACC seeks to hire faculty members who espouse the ideals in AACC’s mission and those who will collaborate with their department colleagues to bring AACC’s vision and strategic plan to reality.
Candidates should be committed to student-centered, outcomes-based education with experience incorporating multiple instructional strategies and the use of technology in teaching and learning. Teaching assignments are 15 faculty load hours per semester. Courses to be instructed include lecture (including online), lab, and activity classes in the Nursing program. Full-time faculty are expected to participate on committees in the department, school of health sciences, and the college. Additionally, candidates should be proven team-players with an ongoing commitment to personal and professional development as well as the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body
AACC is a tenure granting institution. Any candidate hired as a full-time faculty member may be eligible to apply for tenure in the future based on institutional eligibility requirements.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
With meeting community needs and improving teaching and learning among Anne Arundel Community College’s highest priorities, we are strategically positioned to set and surpass new standards of excellence in our primary teaching and learning mission. Guided by principles that emphasize equity and student success, especially in learning, and continuous improvement for a progressive and vital learning community, we envision AACC as a premier learning organization that is in the vanguard of community college education. As a consequence, we welcome qualified faculty candidates who demonstrate:
• Commitment to teaching excellence with a diverse student body and in a variety of teaching formats
• Commitment to developing curriculum and programs
• Expertise in Learning Outcomes Assessment
• Commitment to engaging with students inside and outside of the classroom
• Commitment to college service and value community partnerships
• Commitment to continuous improvement and professional development
• Commitment to AACC’s values
• Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT