Search for a Job
Subscribe to receive eNewsletter
|Our weekly e-mail newsletter is distributed at no charge and includes current healthcare news plus the latest Job Postings.|
|Subscribe • View current eNewsletter|
Upload Your Resume
|Upload your resume and we will forward it to employers whose search criteria best matches your qualifications.|
Job Search Tips & Resources
South Texas College
Faculty - Patient Care Technician Instructor (FY2022-23)
Location: Nursing and Allied Health
Desired Start Date: 08/10/2022
Close Date: 5/17/2022
Job Description Summary:
South Texas College is a comprehensive institution, which places primary emphasis on excellence in classroom instruction. Faculty members are expected to demonstrate and maintain competence in each of the following areas throughout their employment at the College.
• Demonstrates a thorough and accurate knowledge of the field or discipline
• Possesses appropriate educational/professional credentials to teach in field or discipline
• Attempts to connect subject matter with related fields
• Maintains currency in subject matter through professional development
• Plans and organizes instruction in ways which maximize student learning
• Effectively employs teaching and learning strategies that promote student engagement
• Modifies instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse students needs
• Effectively employs available instructional technology when appropriate
• Encourages the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments
• Effectively communicates subject matter content to student
• Contributes to the selection and development of instructional materials
• Participates in the development, implementation, and assessment of departmental student learning outcomes
• Develops and uses evaluation methods, which fairly measures student progress toward outcomes
• Evaluates and expeditiously returns student work to promote maximum learning
• Maintains accurate records of student progress
• Submits final grade rosters and supporting documents according to established deadlines
• Maintains familiarity with and adheres to College Policies and Procedures
• Fulfills requirements of instructors set forth in the letter of appointment
• Maintains regular office hours to ensure accessibility to students and colleagues
• Prepares, distributes, and submits syllabi and approved course outlines for all assigned sections in accordance with program, division and College procedures
• Prepares and submits First Week Financial Aid Attendance Rosters, Census Rosters, and Learning Outcome Data, by the respective deadlines each semester
• Assures confidentiality
• Serves on College, divisional, and program committees, teams, and task forces as assigned
• Attends meetings and events as required by College administration
• Participates in professional activities which contribute to the educational goals of the College and its constituents
• Responds in a timely fashion to information requests from College and division administrators and program chairs
• Fosters and maintains effective working relationships with students, colleagues, and supervisors
• Assists the chair in developing, reviewing, and revising curriculum
• Participates in student advising
• Maintains familiarity with College goals, mission, and long-range plans
• Contributes to planning and development processes through appropriate channels
• Performs professional responsibilities in accordance with pertinent goals, mission, and plans of College, division, and program
• Facilitates recruitment and retention of students
Education and/or Experience:
Applicant must meet the STC credential requirements as published in Board Policy 4151: http://admin.southtexascollege.edu/president/policies/pdf/4000/4151.pdf
• Associate Degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution required;
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred;
• Minimum of one year documented nursing experience in a (LTC) nursing home facility preferred;
• Community college teaching experience in discipline preferred;
• Completed coursework for teach adults or experience in teaching adults preferred.
• Current National Certification in Phlebotomy.
• Current National Certification in EKG.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Security Sensitive position: all applicants are subject to a criminal background check under South Texas College policy.
• In addition, subject to a federal background check.
• Current Texas license as a Registered Nurse (or Texas eligible) required.
For additional information and to apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3060621
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.