Search for a Job
Subscribe to receive eNewsletter
|Our weekly e-mail newsletter is distributed at no charge and includes current healthcare news plus the latest Job Postings.|
|Subscribe • View current eNewsletter|
Upload Your Resume
|Upload your resume and we will forward it to employers whose search criteria best matches your qualifications.|
Job Search Tips & Resources
Stony Brook University
Director of Patient Services and Operations
Who We Are
We, the Division of Student Affairs, are a student-focused organization that aims to empower student success and support personal development. We act daily to create, enhance, and sustain a culture of respect and inclusion in the workplace, focusing on equity and justice in its many forms, including racial, social, and environmental justice. We intentionally and relentlessly pursue excellence through introspection, vulnerability, empathy, compassion, learning, and courage. We value our internal and external partnerships as vital drivers of the ambitious goals we pursue. We celebrate and take pride in the following:
• Named one of the “Most Promising Places to Work in Student Affairs” by Diverse Magazine.
• Serving a highly diverse student body (https://public.tableau.com/views/Enrollment_57/Diversity?:embed=y&:display_count=n&:origin=viz_share_link for more information).
• Leading the way as the #1 ranked institution in the AAU and #3 of all colleges and universities nationally in fostering our students' social mobility.
• Awarded multiple distinctions including philanthropic awards and research grants in experiential learning and career development, voter engagement, student engagement, health and wellness practices, and quality of residential life.
https://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/studentaffairs/stu/join-us.php for more about Student Affairs.
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Master's degree (foreign equivalent or higher) from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program. Current NYS Registered Nurse License. Current Nurse Practitioner Certification.
Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant training program. Current NYS Physician Assistant license. Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner or PA program.
Five (5) years of full-time professional experience in the licensed field. Three (3) years of full-time experience in an administrative or supervisory role. Current certification in BLS or ACLS. Experience with clinical practices and health care administration. Experience in the oversight of clinical services, pharmacy, laboratory, general health exams, vaccinations, psychiatric care, and/or other primary care services. Experience with health care issues that impact diverse populations. Experience using electronic health records.
Additional years (6+) of full-time professional experience in the licensed field. Additional years (4+) of full-time experience in an administrative or supervisory role. Experience in a college health setting. Experience with policies and legal higher education issues. Experience with regulatory and compliance issues. Proficiency in spoken and written languages other than English (i.e. Spanish, Korean, Chinese, or Mandarin). Prior laboratory experience. Experience with LGBTQ healthcare, including transgender health, PreP, PEP and hormonal replacement therapy. Experience with diverse revenue sources (for instance fees, health insurance, etc).
Brief Description of Duties:
Stony Brook University Student Health Services (SHS) provides high-quality primary care services to more than 25,000 diverse undergraduate and graduate/professional students on the East, West, and Southampton campuses. For students' convenience, SHS features an on-site pharmacy and laboratory. The Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) has granted SHS accreditation. The Director of University Student Health Services offers strategic leadership, vision, and direction to the operational services at SHS, reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Student Health, Wellness, and Prevention Services.
The Director of Patient Services and Operations will be in charge of Student Health Services' operations, programs, and activities (SHS). To maintain patient care standards, the incumbent will plan, lead, and coordinate patient care using evidence-based procedures. Will be a leader in the transformation of the student health center to deliver treatment in cooperation with clinical integration of a wider system of campus resources, enabling quantifiable improvements in the provision of operational services. The incumbent is in charge of overseeing all accreditation operations required to obtain and maintain accreditation from different accrediting bodies, such as the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). Interfaces with internal and external clients, quality committees, and departments in the review of quality improvement data and in the implementation of appropriate interventions to effect improvement.
The Director of Patient Services and Operations must have knowledge of postsecondary student growth and challenges and demonstrate the capacity to deal with students in crisis and psychological emergencies. They will have the willingness and flexibility to explore and implement new delivery of care models and work to cultivate a team-based, healthy workplace culture focused on providing patient-centered care by establishing realistic expectations, objectives, and goals. The Director ensures timely, suitable, and competent delivery of high-quality services to students and ensures that student health services are used effectively and that quality goals and objectives are met; information is analyzed and used to establish and support a care framework. They should be familiar with concerns of the physical and mental health demands of today's college students and have an overriding concern for enhancing diversity and inclusion. Incumbent must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strategic Leadership:
• Develop and manage all department budgets, participate in procurement and monitor processes.
• Participate in proposal development and new project development - join planning and workgroups.
• Operationalize project objectives in collaboration with Medical, Public Health, Development, Government Relations, Finance and Grants/Contracts.
• Establish and provide direction for new service and program development initiatives.
• Participate in statewide associations and in health care network development.
• Serve on a variety of committees as appropriate.
• Plan, initiate and maintain quality standards for college health treatment and integrated student health treatment and services with immediate access to care.
• Provide input and feedback on marketing initiatives to identify and break down stigmas and harmful social norms.
• Provide leadership for staff education programs, administrative/staff meetings, and in-services and encourages all team members to continue their education and professional development.
• Analyze policies, procedures, and administrative guidelines affecting health and develop new guidance as appropriate.
• Proactively seeks and secures funding for student health supports through grants, collaborations, MOUs, and partnerships.
• Administrative Operations:
• Manage the daily operational aspects of the Student Health Services center of primary care to ensure optimal efficiency and student satisfaction.
• Work closely with the Director of Psychological Services and other leaders of healthcare in the campus community and externally.
• Review and update operational policy and procedure to enhance the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
• Provide guidance, structure and consistency in all operational workflow processes.
• Manage, direct, train and evaluate the staff working to support the front desk operations, triage, nursing, medical assistants and Information services.
• The Director is designated super-user of current EHR for CAPS and SHS creating templates and other reports utilized to support clinical care and operations.
• Direct the recruitment, selection, training and evaluation of staff assigned to the student health center.
• Provide leadership and guidance for the response to services requested by the campus community.
• Clinical Care:
• Provide patient care, delivering high quality primary care.
• Interview patients to obtain history, performing physical examination, ordering lab and other tests, and prescribing medications and treatments.
• Make referrals for secondary, specialist care.
• Perform medical procedures, according to privileges issued.
• Supervising physician for NYS requirements is the SHS Medical Director.
• Share in the coordination and development of a team effort in the overall management of the service.
• Act on behalf of the Assistant Vice President in their absence.
• Establish methods of assessment to measure performance and quality, and initiates programs supporting continuous improvement in alignment with accreditation requirements.
• Provide leadership and direction for the creation of short- and long-term plans and goals for the Student Health service supporting the mission and vision.
• Ensure all internal and external regulatory requirements are met, establish procedures to ensure compliance.
• Participate on committees for division and campus-wide initiatives.
• Other duties or projects as assigned as appropriate to rank and departmental mission.
This is a full-time appointment. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Essential Position: This has been designated as an essential position based on the duties of the job and the functions performed. Positions that are designated as such may be required to report to work/remain at work even if classes are canceled, and the campus is working on limited operations in an emergency.
Evening and weekend work will be required at times.
In accordance with the New York State Department of Health (DOH) regulation that all hospitals and nursing homes “continuously require all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,” Candidates who are not already vaccinated must obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the vaccine protocol. Candidates who are partially vaccinated, but not yet fully vaccinated, must complete their vaccination series within three (3) calendar days of job offer or in accordance with vaccine manufacture protocol, whichever comes later.
The regulation also includes those who may be affiliated with or interact with employees of a hospital or nursing home. The regulation allows for limited exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at or visit https://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/oea/.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewedhttps://www.stonybrook.edu/police/.
Visit ourhttps://www.stonybrook.edu/commcms/jobs/working-here/index.php page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
Job Number: 2201632Official Job Title: DirectorJob Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)Primary Location: US-NY-Stony BrookDepartment/Hiring Area: Student Health ServicesSchedule: Full-time Shift :Day Shift Shift Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Posting Start Date: Jun 6, 2022Posting End Date: Jul 6, 2022, 8:59:00 PMSalary:Commensurate with experienceAppointment Type: TermSalary Grade:SL6
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3136547x
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.