Weill Cornell Medicine
Registered Nurse - Hematology/Medical Oncology - Chemotherapy RN ($3,000 Sign-on Bonus available)
The Department of Medicine – Hematology/Medical Oncology division is seeking a Registered Nurse who under direction, assists physicians with patient care, health education/promotion, electronic medical record(EMR) chart management, coordination of patient care and clinical protocols as needed
- Establishes priorities for nursing care through patient assessment and develops nursing care plans. Prepares equipment and assists provider during examination, testing, and treatment of patients as needed.
- Coordinates multidisciplinary health care services and arranges diagnostic tests as ordered by physicians. Performs inpatient diagnostic testing, therapeutic, and interventional procedures as needed.
- Triages patient inquiries and communicates test results.
- Ensures infection control compliance within the practice.
- As needed, administers appropriate injections and medications as ordered by medical providers in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines. Educates patients and staff on pharmacological/drug effects and protocol requirements, if applicable.
- Participates in safety programs and orientation of new staff. Assists in reviewing and revising policies and procedures.
- May be responsible for the precertification and preauthorization of prescriptions.
- Records medical information within the patients' electronic medical record as instructed by the physician.
- Attends workshops, seminars and/or conferences to keep abreast of standards and best practices within the field. Disseminates information to colleagues and/or staff as appropriate.
- If applicable, assesses patient eligibility and reviews patient medical history for inclusion in clinical studies.
- If applicable, reviews and completes protocol history sheets, flow sheets, study follow-up reports and patient evaluation forms. Prepares and amends IRB protocols, consent forms and research documents.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- NYS RN license
- BLS certification (American Heart Association issued)
- Approximately 2 or more years of related work experience as a Registered Nurse in Oncology. Experience administering chemotherapy highly desired
- Extensive experience as a Registered Nurse in Oncology may be considered in lieu of the BSN
Excellent benefits package (includes tuition reimbursement).
Salary Range: $100,000.00 - $125,000.00
Please use our on-line application system at: http://weill.cornell.edu/hr/ - Please refer to Job Number: 82556
Weill Cornell Medicine is an employer & educator recognized for valuing AA/EOE/M/F/Protected Veterans, & Individuals with Disabilities.