At Ability Beyond, you can be accepted, celebrated, & impactful!
Location(s): Danbury & New Fairfield
Hours: Full Time or Part Time: 1st, 2nd, 3rd shifts (1 weekend day required for full time)
Pay Rate: $20/ hour
- As a CNA at Ability Beyond, you will work alongside our direct care staff in our medical group homes in the Danbury, CT Region.
- The CNA ensures that personal care and medical supplies are available for each individual’s needs.
- Our direct support and CNA staff are responsible for helping with activities of daily living such as personal hygiene or cooking, bathing or toileting, and arranging and transporting residents to appointments.
- Assisting individuals to achieve their goals. Providing hands-on support to the individuals based on their preferences and abilities.
- Community integration. Integrating individuals with disabilities into the community to participate in work, recreation, leisure, volunteer activities and socialization skills.
- The CNA is responsible for maintaining any medical equipment based on the medical equipment for the entire program and individual specific equipment.
- Our medical programs allow our direct support professionals and CNAs to work alongside a clinical team and seasoned nursing staff in a group home setting that allows for smaller, close knit staffing ratio.
- Extensive paid training and certification program
- Generous benefit package (medical, dental, vision, pet insurance)
- Paid time off (increases over years of service)
- Self-directed retirement plan options (403B)
- CNA license renewal
- PSLF loan forgiveness eligibility
- Flexible work schedules and overtime available that allow for work life balance
- Access to an Employee Assistant Program including mental health resources
- Ongoing diversity, equity, inclusion, & belonging initiatives
- Accredited certification programs in direct care, leadership, and other specialties
- Employee mentorship program
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- A culture of appreciation, respect, and teamwork
- Current, valid CNA Certification.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- One year of college or experience working with adults with disabilities preferred.
- Must meet all requirements for state and/or agency requiring State Certification in Medication Administration.
To see a day in the life our Ability Beyond workforce, check out this video: