Search for a Job
Subscribe to receive eNewsletter
|Our weekly e-mail newsletter is distributed at no charge and includes current healthcare news plus the latest Job Postings.|
|Subscribe • View current eNewsletter|
Upload Your Resume
|Upload your resume and we will forward it to employers whose search criteria best matches your qualifications.|
Job Search Tips & Resources
University of the Pacific
Pharmacy Clinic Support (Temporary)
The mission of the Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy (the School) is to prepare students for lifelong success in health careers by providing an excellent, student-centered learning environment. We aspire to develop leadership skills in our students and a strong commitment to their professions, to interprofessional collaboration, and to society. These efforts are assisted by linkages across the University of the Pacific (the University) professional and liberal arts programs. We support outstanding professional and graduate teaching, research and other scholarly activity, and services as a means of achieving our mission.
Our Patient Care Clinics at the School aim to provide students with experiential learning opportunities while providing high quality services to the community. This position will provide administrative support to the Patient Care Clinics.
• Assist with billing of medications/services.
• Perform verification of medications lists.
• Assist with creation of patient profiles.
• Perform vaccine registry entry, data verification and entry.
• Perform administrative work to support Clinic initiatives.
• Perform other related assigned responsibilities as determined by the Clinic Director.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritizes policy and decision-making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty and staff.
• Two (2) years of post-high school education.
• One (1) year of related experience.
• Familiarity with billing medications and/or medical services.
• Pharmacy technician license.
• Proficiency in the use of computer office software including word-processing, spreadsheet applications and mail merge functions.
• Proficient in data entry (e.g., Excel).
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Fluency in another language.
• Strong ability and willingness to establish and maintain successful working relationships with students, staff, faculty, administrators, and external partners.
• Able to reconcile medication lists when calling pharmacies.
• Understanding appropriate billing codes for rendered services.
• Ability to follow HIPAA and FERPA guidelines.
• Ability to navigate web-based tools/applications.
• Able to effectively organize projects.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to create tracking tools and help manage data.
• Ability to work both independently and in a group environment.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to manage complex processes and procedures.
• Ability to exercise initiative, prioritize effectively, follow through and meet deadlines while providing excellent service.
• Attention to detail, integrity and ability to work with limited supervision on occasion.
• Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
• Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed in normal office setting. May be requested to attend off-site events during the Medicare enrollment season. Part-time, flexible schedule, Monday through Friday. May be requested to work weekends on an occasional basis.
Must have own reliable transportation.
Hiring Range: $23.00 - $25.00 per hour. We consider factors such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4577645
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.