Search for a Job
Subscribe to receive eNewsletter
|Our weekly e-mail newsletter is distributed at no charge and includes current healthcare news plus the latest Job Postings.
|Subscribe • View current eNewsletter
Upload Your Resume
|Upload your resume and we will forward it to employers whose search criteria best matches your qualifications.
Job Search Tips & Resources
Assistant/Associate Professor of Physical Therapy
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Faculty (tenure track)
Location: Whitworth University Campus
Department: Doctor of Physical Therapy
Whitworth University's Doctor of Physical Therapy Program invites applications for an 11.5-month tenure or non-tenure track faculty position with specialization in neurological rehabilitation. Applicant must demonstrate the relevance and ability to work collaboratively in course design, teach in interdisciplinary courses, and contribute to the development of a neurological residency.
The Whitworth DPT program successfully achieved CAPTE Candidacy status in July 2022, and submits their self-study for CAPTE Accreditation in the Summer of 2024. The current DPT faculty have created an innovative learner-centered movement system curriculum design with evidenced-based practice, interprofessional learning experiences, community partnerships, and equity and inclusion. The DPT program is part of the School of Health Sciences and shares a new state-of-the-art building with the Doctor of Occupational Therapy and the Master of Science in Athletic Training programs, facilitating interprofessional education and collaborations. The building contains a clinic with a Bioness Vector, a motion analysis research lab, human performance/exercise physiology lab, an anatomy lab, simulation rooms, dedicated classrooms and functional lab spaces to support specific needs of each program.
• Contribute to team instruction in areas of expertise.
• Regularly contribute to improvement or upgrading of class materials and syllabi.
• Contribute to the develop of a physical therapy neurological rehabilitation residency.
• Maintain an active scholarly agenda to meet CAPTE requirements.
• Advise and mentor students in the DPT program to foster successful academic outcomes and professional development.
• Participate in student supervision and patient treatment during integrated clinical experiences.
• Contribute to interprofessional education and collaboration within the School of Health Sciences.
• Participate in and contributes substantively to assessment activities of courses/curriculum and program via a continuous improvement plan as set forth by the University and program.
• Keep regular office hours.
• Follow established University protocols for providing timely feedback and/or academic advising (i.e., Grades in Progress, student Letters of Concern, etc.).
• Lead and contribute to a collaborative, dynamic, mission driven faculty team interested in advancing physical therapist education, research and practice within the Whitworth Mission and Vision.
• Teach, advise, pursue scholarship, serve university and community, and offer clinical mentoring/practice within our planned interprofessional offerings/programs.
Minimum Qualifications | Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Possess a physical therapy degree and a terminal academic doctoral degree (PhD, DSc, DHS, EdD) with clinical neurological rehabilitation expertise. Consideration will be given for those with a DPT, ABPTS board certification in Neurologic Physical Therapy, and at least 4 years of clinical experience in neurologic PT.
• Demonstrated equivalency of three years of teaching experience.
• Eligible for Washington state PT licensure.
• Excellent communication, conflict management, and problem-solving skills
• A vision for excellence in teaching and in the field of physical therapy
• Demonstrated skills in instructional technology
• Demonstration of ethical behavior in personal and professional life
• Evidence of promise in effectiveness at college-level teaching (demonstrated effectiveness preferred)
• Strong potential for an ongoing stream of research in the candidate's area of specialization
• Demonstrated growth in cultural competence, awareness of societal and structural inequities, and proven experience in effectively establishing relationships and positive communications with students and other constituents across multiple dimensions of diversity including, but not limited to, race, gender, varying abilities, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, class, or religious perspectives
• A personal commitment to the Christian faith and the integration of faith and learning
• A commitment to the educational mission of Whitworth University as a comprehensive Christian liberal arts university affiliated with the Presbyterian church
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, DTD
Term: 11.5 months (trimester schedule fall, spring, and summer)
Hiring Range: $96,885 - $108,284
Commensurate with years of credited service. 1.75% increase to the minimum salary is granted for each year of credited service at the rank of Assistant Professor.
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, DTD
Term: 11.5 months (trimester schedule fall, spring, and summer)
Hiring Range: $106,444 - $118,967
Commensurate with years of credited service. 1.75% increase to the minimum salary is granted for each year of credited service that exceeds six (6) at the rank of Associate Professor.
July 1, 2024
Questions about this position should be directed to Dr. Carrie Hawkins, Chair of the Department of Physical Therapy mailto:[email protected]
APPLICATION To complete an application we will ask for the following:
• A letter of application addressing your qualifications for the position and interest in teaching at a Christian liberal arts university with an increasingly diverse student body,
• Curriculum vitae,
• Your teaching philosophy,
• A short personal essay describing your personal Christian faith. This essay is intended to be a statement in your own words that will help the committee understand your interest in joining Whitworth's community of Christian scholars. (https://www.whitworth.edu/facultyfaithessay/),
• Three most recent student feedback surveys (if available),
• Names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three academic references (one or more additional non-academic references who can speak to your qualifications for the position may also be included).
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: A background check, sexual misconduct check, and confirmation of degrees earned will be required of the successful candidate.
You are on this webpage because a position at Whitworth sparked your curiosity. If you find yourself questioning hitting the apply button because you might not meet 100% of the qualifications, we think you should do it! Research continues to show that women and BIPOC candidates are less likely to hit the apply button unless they meet all the listed qualifications. One way we are working to overcome this trend is every search committee at Whitworth has a trained Equity Advocate (EA) serving on the team. Our EAs are trained to make space for committees to consider each candidate's unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when you click apply, please know that your application is reviewed by a committee of real, living, and breathing human beings who want to understand your experience and skills to find ways you relate to the key competencies needed for success in the position.
Looking for resources to help with writing a faith statement? Check out our https://www.whitworth.edu/cms/administration/human-resource-services/faith-statement-resources/ for more information.
Learn more about our shared work to achieve and sustain inclusive excellence https://www.whitworth.edu/cms/administration/diversity-equity-and-inclusion/.
Whitworth complies with all federal, state, and local nondiscrimination laws that are applicable to religious nonprofit institutions and does not engage in unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, sex, or disability. With our Christ-centered commitment to building a diverse and inclusive community, the university encourages applications from populations underrepresented at Whitworth including members of racial/ethnic communities, women, and persons with disabilities.
Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Applications may be rejected if incomplete.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4799145
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.