Search for a Job
Subscribe to receive eNewsletter
|Our weekly e-mail newsletter is distributed at no charge and includes current healthcare news plus the latest Job Postings.
|Subscribe • View current eNewsletter
Upload Your Resume
|Upload your resume and we will forward it to employers whose search criteria best matches your qualifications.
Job Search Tips & Resources
Associate Dean of the Margaret D. Sovie School of Nursing
The State University of New York at Canton (SUNY Canton) is seeking nominations and applications for an Associate Dean of the Margaret D. Sovie School of Nursing. SUNY Canton is a public college in Canton, New York and is part of the State University of New York schools. The college offers 30 bachelor's degrees, 20 associate degrees, three one-year certificate programs, and 23 online degrees.
The School of Nursing offers three degree programs and one certificate program which include a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.), Nursing Dual Degree-A.A.S./B.S., Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) prelicensure RN program, and a prelicensure certificate program in practical nursing. All programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Under the direction of the Dean of the School of Science, Health and Criminal Justice, the Associate Dean of Nursing is responsible for providing leadership to the school’s nursing programs, assisting team leaders and faculty in achieving student learning outcomes, assessment, curriculum, and other matters as assigned in accordance with the mission, core values, and purposes of the University and nursing programs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Serves as the primary manager of all nursing programs and works with the faculty and staff to administer them.
• Maintains compliance with accreditation and legal standards of the NYSED (New York State Education Department) Office of Professions - Nursing, the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and other accrediting agencies.
• Utilizes outcome data to monitor systematic plans of evaluation and changes in curriculum for all nursing programs.
• Develops and implements ongoing planning for the improvement of clinical agency relations and provides guidance to program faculty regarding clinical placements.
• Demonstrates commitment to the mission of SUNY Canton and mission and vision for each nursing program.
• Provides oversight of all nursing programs and faculty.
• Prepares and administers faculty evaluations and makes recommendations to the Dean.
• Prepares and submits reports, surveys, and evaluation reports for regulating agencies, NYS (New York State) Office of Professions, ACEN accreditation visits and self-studies.
• Provides effective communication to program stakeholders including faculty, students, the College, clinical affiliates, and the community at-large.
• Participates and collaborates in retention, promotion, and development of all nursing program staff and faculty.
• Fosters cooperation and a team approach across all programs.
• Recruits and mentors new faculty and assists the Dean in the selection of qualified faculty and staff.
• Assists the Dean in the annual budget-planning process for the nursing programs, prepares nursing department budgets, monitors nursing program budgets, and approves purchasing requests.
• Assists the Dean in pursuing grants and external funding sources for the School of Nursing.
• Serves on campus-wide committees, conducts advisory board meetings, and participates in professional meetings external to the college to advance the nursing programs.
• A doctorate in nursing (Ph.D., Ed.D. in the discipline of nursing, or DNP).
• Hold an unencumbered NYS nursing license at the time of employment.
• Have two or more years of teaching experience in the post-secondary environment.
• At least five or more years of professional experience in clinical nursing, nursing administration or nursing education.
• At least three years of documented successful experience related to teaching adults, teaching methodology, curriculum development, and curriculum evaluation.
• Proven record of achievement in meeting accreditation requirements, NCLEX benchmarks, and overall program outcomes.
• Must possess the following skills and attributes: strong skills in instructional methods, knowledge of concept curriculum design and evaluation; knowledge of simulation education and integration of simulation in prelicensure nursing programs.
• Have management and leadership skills; organizational and research skills; and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
SUNY Canton is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt - Fennell. Nominations and application materials should be submitted via email to [email protected]. Applications include a letter of interest, a current résumé/cv, and contact information for five professional references, submitted in separate documents. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should be submitted prior to March 15, 2024 to receive full consideration. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
Cheryl Hyatt 724-242-0476