Home » Job Board » NY »
Location: New York, NY
Atria Hudson Yards
The Wellness Manager supports the Care Coordination Director in executing resident care coordination. This individual leads and monitors the medication management program and oversees activity in the medication room, while supporting the Wellness Director and Resident Service staff.
Support Resident Care
- Establish and maintain a medication system which adheres to state, federal and company laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Administer medications as allowed per state specific guidelines when required.
- Provide activities of daily living assistance to the residents as needed.
- Partner with and otherwise assist the Memory Care Director in establishing and maintaining a medication system which adheres to state, federal and company laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Provides backup by performing Resident Services Assistant or Resident Medication Assistant role as needed.
- Supervise, develop, and schedule the nursing staff according to community policies, procedures and standards.
- Provide Wellness Coaching (upon completion of Mayo Clinic Wellness Coach Training) to residents as part of overall individualized service plan.
Support Care Coordination
- Receive fax or phone calls from physicians, pharmacies, families and take appropriate action.
- Make copies and manage and update resident charts, appointment books, 911 binder, and MARS.
- Maintain records of due dates for resident assessments and informs the Care Coordination Director as appropriate.
- Coordinate transportation of residents to outside healthcare and clinical partner appointments.
Support the Community
- Support Wellness Director in hiring new nurses.
- Provide training and orientation to nursing and medication assistant staff members and ongoing training to current staff members.
- Responsible for training, developing, and evaluating nursing and medication assistant staff
- Provide verbal encouragement and support to the staff.
- Demonstrate flexibility by being open to changes and demonstrating a positive attitude.
- Prioritize tasks to assure that customers changing needs are met in a timely manner.
- Does what is reasonably necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors the department for any unsafe issues; immediately report any concerning quality issues to the Wellness Director and Care Coordination Director.
- Function as a role model for staff by being punctual, neat and clean in appearance and follows dress code.
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
The salary range for this position is $110,000-$120,000 based on experience. There is also a $5000 sign on bonus for this position.