Search for a Job
Subscribe to receive eNewsletter
|Our weekly e-mail newsletter is distributed at no charge and includes current healthcare news plus the latest Job Postings.
|Subscribe • View current eNewsletter
Upload Your Resume
|Upload your resume and we will forward it to employers whose search criteria best matches your qualifications.
Job Search Tips & Resources
Department(s): Executive Office
Reports to: Executive Leadership
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: J - $65,000 - $106,106
Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received. The deadline for the first review of applications is on Friday, February 09, 2024 at 11:59 PM. Applicants are encouraged to apply early. Applicants that apply after the first review are not guaranteed to be considered for this recruitment. This recruitment may close at any time without notice after the first review date.
About CalOptima Health
Are you looking for a career that changes lives? As the single largest health plan in Orange County, CalOptima Health serves one in three residents with health insurance programs for low-income children, adults, seniors and people with disabilities. Our 1,500 employees are valued for their individual perspectives and contributions and benefit from flexible work schedules, recognition and opportunities to grow. If you're looking for a rewarding career supporting a meaningful mission, along with generous benefits and recognition, consider joining us at CalOptima Health!
About the Position
Under the direction of Executive Leadership (e.g., Chief Executive Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Information Officer, Chief Financial Officer, etc.) the Administrative Fellow (Fellow) will work with key administrative personnel to gain knowledge and experience in the management of CalOptima Health, as well as the broader health care landscape. The Fellow will be assigned to select projects related to the business and operations of CalOptima Health. The Fellow will work directly with the primary preceptor to receive guidance and feedback on projects and opportunities. Over the course of the twelve (12) month fellowship, the Fellow will have the opportunity to formally meet with the CalOptima Health CalTeam senior leaders one-on-one and sit in on executive management meetings while tackling various inter-departmental projects. While working closely with the CalOptima Health CalTeam, the Fellow will need to use discretion and independent judgment in assessing situations, considering alternatives and determining appropriate courses of action. Throughout the fellowship, the Fellow will gain insight into the inner workings of a large complex health plan organization and how its work is realized in the surrounding community.
The Administrative Fellowship program is a twelve (12) month appointment with a following transition period commencing in July 2024. The program is designed to provide fellows with an educational, interactive and enriching experience that will contribute to their professional development, as well as to their understanding of CalOptima Health and health plan operations. In addition, the program will help create opportunities for fellows to enhance skills in project development, strategic implementation and operations management. Most fellows will experience a balance of project and operational work, with an emphasis on health plan operations. Learning opportunities can include but are not limited to the administrative aspects of the following specialized areas:
• Behavioral Health
• Case Management
• Claims Administration
• Financial Analysis
• Grievance and Appeals
• Information Technology Services
• Population Health
• Program for All-Inclusive Care of the Elderly (PACE)
• Project Management
• Quality Assurance
• Quality Improvement
• Special Programs
• Utilization Management
The submission of all items is required for consideration:
• Completion of application and supplemental questions
• A resume
• A statement of interest on why you are interested in this Fellowship program (2 pages maximum)
• A writing sample from school or work (2 pages maximum)
• Two letters of recommendation (one academic and one professional)
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Participates in a mission-driven culture of high-quality performance, with a member focus on customer service, consistency, dignity and accountability.
• Assists the team in carrying out department responsibilities and collaborates with others to support short- and long-term goals/priorities for the department.
• Gathers, analyzes and interprets information relating to the synthesis of recommendations, reporting, presenting development and delivery and initiating process improvements.
• Works collaboratively with executive leadership to assist in projects related to CalOptima Health.
• Attends all related meetings and responds to other meetings and committees as required.
• Communicates outcomes appropriately.
• Maintains compliance with all state and federal legal requirements such as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), etc.
• Participates with executive leadership in the design, development, integration and implementation of strategic initiatives, health improvement, community outreach, mission integration, clinical research and other defined initiatives.
• Responds to the needs of others through effective communication, mutual respect and consistent follow-through to generate trust and enhance personal effectiveness.
• Participates on project related work teams, fosters shared problem solving and supports decisions of the work team.
• Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
Experience & Education:
• Master's degree in business administration, healthcare administration, public health, nursing, public administration or relevant field required.
• Master's degree received within the past twenty-four (24) months required.
• Candidates must be U.S. Citizens or permanent residents. CalOptima Health is unable to sponsor work visas.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: Employee must be able to sit for extended periods of time, as well as work at the computer for long periods. Employee is required to use hands and fingers, especially for typing on the computer and using the mouse. Employee must be able to communicate, particularly for phone use and in meetings.
• Work Environment: Typical office environment with moderate noise levels in a cubicle environment and controlled office temperatures.
About our Benefits & Wellness options:
At CalOptima Health, we know that a healthy and happy workforce is a thriving workforce, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including participation in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), low-cost medical/vision/dental insurance options, and paid time off. To support quality work-life balance, we allow flexible scheduling during core business hours, telework options for some positions, work schedules that allow every other Monday or Friday off (9/80 schedule), and a wellness program featuring diverse activities. Additionally, CalOptima Health contributes 4% of pensionable earnings to a 401(a) retirement program with no required employee contribution. Employees also have access to 457(b) retirement plans with pre/post-tax contribution options.
CalOptima Health is committed to attracting, hiring, and retaining a diverse staff, where we will honor your unique experiences, identity, and perspectives. Our organization strives to create and maintain a workplace environment that is inclusive, equitable and welcoming so we can truly be Better Together.
CalOptima Health is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit. CalOptima Health wants to have qualified employees in every job position. CalOptima Health prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee, or applicant for employment, based on race, religion/religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning status, age, sexual orientation, immigration status, military status as a disabled veteran, or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. CalOptima Health also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived as having, any of those characteristics.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability.
Job Location: Orange, California
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/5008350
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.